Recent content by Philipp Paul Klose

1. P

miniDSP Flex HT - Review and Measurements

That means you cannot record/listen/foldback the output of the DSP to your computer via USB.
  2. P

I just checked it… The Flex HT seems to have no return after the DSP pipeline via USB. The other Flexes have that feature. Probably due to restrictions and piracy prevention.
  3. P

Yes, in my tests the TV set wakes the flex. Volume changes and mutes from the TV remote are mirrored on the flex.
  4. P

Just a quick update on HDMI eARC/ARC connectivity: I tested the Flex HT with two TV sets. Worked flawlessly. The Flex was in both cases instantly recognized as „connected audio system“.
  5. P

The Flex is powered by a smps with +12V and max 1.6A with ground on the outside and + on the inside. It uses a fairly common barrel connector, that is used often found with guitar pedals and I believe some low end laptops. A pretty standard part. I doubt that another power supply would help...
  6. P

Good catch. Did not see that. The DAC sections of the HT and Eight are probably identical.
  7. P

The AP screenshot is from the Flex HT page. They must have gone up today.
  8. P

I just saw that miniDSP added AP measurements on their site. I‘d say: both our measurements are coming to the same conclusion.
  9. P

I thought a lot about the price point, but couldnt come to a conclusion. That is why I didnt mention it in the original post. The only thing I can say is, the box is full of expensive parts. The DSP alone is in small quantities 30USD! Add the opamps, XMOS chips, display, wireless receiver, HDMI...
  10. P

There is no AES17 filter and the spurious tones are still very low in my opinion.
  11. P

The visible silicon is: ESS ES9080Q, XMOS U11692C20, ADSP-21489
  12. P

Wow it’s hard to take a picture of something that small. The opamp is a OPA1678 and DAC is from ESS.
  13. P

This is a review of the miniDSP Flex HT. The Flex HT is the latest iteration on the Flex platform. HT stands for „home theater“. Note: The unit tested has been send to me by miniDSP for feedback and testing purposes. I am not associated with miniDSP nor did I receive compensation for this...
  14. P

miniDSP Harmony 8x12 Car Audio Amplifier - Review and Measurements

MOST150 Integration could get quite hard. I do not know if there are tools avail that can convert/extract Most. Also it depends a lot the implementation on OEM side. Many OEMs encrypted the stream, because of the fear of DVD and Blu Ray pirates. I have seen the amp in several cars. What is your...
Top Bottom