Recent content by Peter Chuang

1. P

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

is it possible to combine 2 unbalanced channels as one balanced output?
  2. P

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Hi @amirm , The distortion result seems weird. At 80Hz, how can 94db level have higher distortion than 114db? At 114 dbpsl figure, distortion at 80Hz is a hump exceeding 40db that can not be found in THD% figure.
  3. P

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

It's now end of October. Anyone heard latest update on the new kit?
  4. P

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

Hello, I have my failure PA5 fixed and returned from TOPPING. It works fine now and I found the enclosure is cooler than where it was. Does anyone know how TOPPING repaired the failure? is switching frequency reduced to mitigate thermal issue?
  5. P

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Hello gentlemen, I measure the cord of the IEM have an end to end DC resistance of 0.9 ohm. From output of the amplifier, it is 1.8 ohm +10ohm from drivers unit in the IEM. Compared to the speaker system, normally impedance of the speaker cable in 3 m is usually less than 0.1ohm. For IEM...
  6. P

Please help me get good bass with LS50 WII + KC62

1. Turn crossover of KC62 to maximum, the actual crossover can be tuned in ls50W2 app 2. Phase > 0 degree 3. EQ > room 4. volume > mid of min/max APP 1. one sub 2. mono 3. high pass >120hz 4. low pass > 120hz 5. sub gain > you may tune this one base on your taste of bass
  7. P

PS audio explain how spike at bottom of the speaker works

Oh, it seems Paul McGowan removed the video from YouTube. Maybe he changed his mind. :facepalm:
  8. P

PS audio explain how spike at bottom of the speaker works

Hi folks, PS audio Paul McGowan release the video explaining how spike at bottom of the speaker works. Honest speaking, I don't buy it. My living room has a solid concrete floor and how can a speaker shake the floor and been isolated when the spikes are used. For me, the speaker shall stick...
  9. P

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

Sorry, i can not find the link. may i ask to have the link again? The impedance does changes all the time by frequency and output wattage is constantly changing. Putting additional load is just an improvement(of course i don't have a measurement proof now) but not to resolve impedance fluctuation.
  10. P

I'm new at all these digital stuff. I'm reading tutorial at minidsp site. Or is there a tutorial you would recommend to do this measurements?
  11. P

the idea at very first beginning is amp has better SINAD when output power higher than 1W. adding additional load just creat higher loading.
  12. P

no, i don't have that. that's why i come here for help. i do have a minidsp umic2, but i don't have a lab for sound test. is there any way to proof the improvement than just how i felt?
  13. P

i know that graph, i took value in that graph to calculate the most feasible resistor value for the test.
  14. P

HELLO guys, I found focal 906 have a big variation on speaker impedance from 4.5ohm up to 31ohm(6.8X) so i try to parallel a ceramic resister 10ohm 5W at speaker binding bring the variation down to 3.1ohm to 7.5ohm(2.4X) and the result was fantastic, vocal is much focus and clear I used...
  15. P

Why speaker impedance have a peak around cross over frequency?

When I look at speaker impedance graph, interestingly, I found a lot of speakers having impedance peak around crossover frequency. Take focal 906 measurements by @amirm for example. There is a peak around 2.5khz. I understand that tweeter have a high pass filter, while the woofer have a low pass...
Top Bottom