Recent content by Peas

1. P

Dual Stereo Subwoofers in multichannel system

Yamaha AVRs offer this feature but you have to reach high up in the shelf.
  2. P

Purifi PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5" midwoofer

We were off-topic and talked about the Omnes Audio Exclusive. Sorry about that.
  3. P

Any interest in an ASR community speaker project?

Just some minor remarks: At max. SPL at 40 or 30 Hz, drivers in a sealed enclosure may demand more than nominal max. power. This should be checked in WinISD. On the other hand, in-room response doesn't necessarily differ by 6 dB beyond baffle step. As wavelengths are getting longer at the low...
  4. P

Any interest in an ASR community speaker project?

I love the idea of the 8" + 4" + 1" combination as it can be a powerful yet compact design. I had this myself, it was my first own design with a 8" hexacone woofer, W4-655 and an AMT coming in at 3.3 kHz. It can also be done in a monitor style such as the Neumann KH 310...
  5. P

Which DIY speakers would you like to see reviewed?

I have seen a build report on YouTube and also a commercial kit here: https://www.oaudio.de/lautsprecherbausaetze/nach-groesse-funktion/standlautsprecher/omnes-audio-onepoint-8-royal.html
  6. P

Which DIY speakers would you like to see reviewed?

The initial DXT monitor came up with a 5" midwoofer in both a BR and PR enclosure. Then, a version with a 6,5" woofer has been added and also a floorstander made it there. Unfortunately, there is no center yet.
  7. P

They ship to the USA.
  8. P

That one: https://www.oaudio.de/lautsprecher-selbstbau/omnes-audio/omnes-audio-exclusive-serie/omnes-audio-exclusive-6-tiefmitteltoener.html Hexacone, long throw, rigid construction. The Wavecor is great, but I have a feeling that it reacts sensitively on the baffle design. It might be crossed...
  9. P

Yes, actually I am working on something with a Wavecor tweeter, but in combination with another midwoofer. Nothing is fixed for life, so maybe I will also try the Purifi later on.
  10. P

Again, that's the case anywhere. I found there some interesting project. I have never heard of a Harsh crossover before and thus found the design wrong at first sight, detecting phase issues. But obviously it's sophisticated. Not sure if it meers audio science requirements, but here it is...
  11. P

I don't think that the nonsense counts as long there is some inspiringly good stuff. And there is ... That's why I was a little bit astonished as there is some quality content in the thread I linked. I did not read the complete forum searching for the nonsense that may be ...
  12. P

Single 12" vs dual 10" subwoofers

What I am doing wrong that I never experienced clipping even at high volumes? I have ripole subs that are known for their weak efficiency (SPL at 1 W). If you apply extensive EQ, the miniDSP will automatically reduce the overall level. Again, no convincing, just reporting from my experience...
  13. P

I'm not sure if I get you right. Koeitje wants to buy finished subwoofers such as the SVS SB1000 that have a standard line input with RCA connectors. So far so good. The unbalanced 2x4 boxed has both RCA inputs and outputs. No need for balanced XLR...
  14. P

The output will be lifted by 7 dB as the jumper changes input sensitivity. I wasn't talking about the maximum output but of the output with a given input signal. And with a standard hifi power amplifier or subwoofer plate amp (as in the SB1000), the output is enough. With a PA amp, you will...
  15. P

The unbalanced version surely has. You need to open the box. Took me two minutes or so. DBA means double bass array, where you have a line or better an array of subwoofers at the front and the same also at the rear side, absorbing the wavefront. The necessary delay is then according to the room...
Top Bottom