Recent content by paudio

1. P

Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire Review

It's been fairly intermittent for people. If the contacts were touching I'd suspect it would have been much worse of issue than off center but maybe. People seemed to be able to reset the issue with some loud playback only for it to resurface. I would at minimum reach out to DCA with your...
  2. P

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

Got a set asis off eBay for about $80 USD. Seems to be new in box. Pads weren't attached and kind of mushed. Sound great. Seem to be 2023 stock. Always wondered how these were. Definitely like the tuning.
  3. P

Unless they were actually touching those rigid metal contacts sticking out the end of the hirose connector I don't think would move enough? They were probably twisted to keep slack from vibrating inside the cups. From what I gather from various sources including previously in this thread is that...
  4. P

New Sony Headphones

Not sure I like it but maybe Sony will release something less PS5 like with the same drivers.
  5. P

New Sony Headphones

Definitely for gamers as it's a PS5 headset. Do they have these drivers in normal headphones yet? Oh what? Sony bought Audeze? So these may be some sort of Audeze based planar driver actually.
  6. P

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

No demo was available unfortunately. Too much money for me to order without hearing. Potentially just too much money even if I do hear them :eek:
  7. P

Trying to find the best DAC+Amp combo for the HD800s, under $900. Was originally leaning towards Schiit products, but they don't seem to review well.

You're definitely over dramatizing it. Lots of people here listen to their stuff and do not continuously purchase stuff as a hobby. Performance != Price and diminishing returns is very significant. You need something that gives you adequate listening volume and a noise floor you can't hear. I...
  8. P

Cheap (£70) 'open' sounding headphone/earbud/IEM recommendations needed!

This is my experience with most headphones and why I recommended KPH40 for $30. I can wear them without limit and without any discomfort. No clamp, they don't get hot, crazy light and yaxi pads make them even more comfortable. I quite enjoy the tuning. Even if I really want to listen to another...
  9. P

Trying to find the best DAC+Amp combo for the HD800s, under $900. Was originally leaning towards Schiit products, but they don't seem to review well.

How loud do you listen normally though? I'd start with a $10 apple usb-c to 3.5mm dongle + equalizer apo/peace. If that doesn't get loud enough then you could go with a Qudelix 5K or if you prefer a desktop unit get a JDS Lab amp and use the apple dongle dac with it. If you get something and you...
  10. P

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

I am hopefully going to demo an E3 next week. Not sure if I would buy one though. It's a bit more than I'd like to spend and I quite like my A2N
  11. P

That too but I can run EQ on high gain on 3.5mm single ended. I must listen a lot quieter though.
  12. P

Qudelix is developing a MiniDSP destroyer.

Kind of wish this had more hardware controls. I don't need more power than my Qudelix or ES100 gives me so I don't think I will be upgrading. I think this thing with some digital knobs and controls for some of the software features for a desktop format would sell like crazy.
  13. P

Even 3.5mm in high gain mode with EQ is loud enough for me on the Qudelix. So I guess it depends on how loud you listen.
  14. P

Dan Clark Aeon Closed X - no bass, repaired and no change

Oh yeah glasses for sure will cause issues with closed back headphones or anything that is seal dependent. More or less based on the model. In my experience the bottom end just rolls off and you'll notice that the better seal you have the better the subbass
  15. P

Dan Clark Aeon Closed X - no bass, repaired and no change

If you have a look at the old pads check to see how sticky the adhesive is around the edge. I always put my fingers under the foam on the inside and outside of the earpad and press the hard plastic ring against the baffle. This helps the adhesive squish/seal against the baffle. Seems really...
Top Bottom