Recent content by patient_ot

1. P

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Bought a set of these out of sheer curiosity to use as travel headphones for long train rides. I really wanted to like these btw. Out of the box with no EQ I find them painfully hot in the treble to the point of them being unlistenable for me. I should mention I've grown accustomed to eq...
  2. P

Topping USB Input/Windows 10 Issue - Possible Driver Issue

I keep Windows up to date, but never had the problem return.
  3. P

Graham Slee Reflex C Review (phono stage)

Instructions say that the figure 8 connector at the power supply can be rotated 180 degrees to experiment with which polarity makes less noise.
  4. P

Graham Slee Reflex C Review (phono stage)

Power supply should look like the unit linked below. Rectangular and taller but not wider than the preamp unit. If it looks like something else, then it might be the wrong power supply for this product.
  5. P

Sony MDR-7506 Review (Headphone)

I enjoy the cousin - MDR-V6 - for what they are but they need EQ and aftermarket pads to be comfortable. It should also be stressed that these are a very old design at this point, and the headphone market is much more competitive nowadays than it was decades ago.
  6. P

Hagerman Bugle2 DIY Kit Phono Preamp

Curious what went wrong here. Hagerman seems like a bright guy but I never understood why he choose the cheap plastic cases. The only justification I could think of was to keep costs down. The noise level between channels is significantly different - I would wonder if the unit was broken. Would...
  7. P

Shut down the computer last night and unplugged USB. Plugged in USB this morning, booted up W10, and the device was recognized. Also, I was wrong about buying this device in February. I actually purchased it in October 2019.
  8. P

Unplugged the power cord from the dac for a few seconds, then plugged it back in. Now W10 and Foobar recognize it, seems to work with both ASIO and Wasapi. Going to monitor closely for issues. Fingers crossed.
  9. P

Emailed Topping and Apos about this issue. I have tried a second Windows 10 PC, multiple USB ports, different cables, etc. and nothing is working. Again, the other inputs work fine, it's just that W10 will not recognize the device over USB. I am hoping this is some kind of driver or firmware...
  10. P

Mine was working fine since February until it stopped working this morning. There have been some Windows 10 updates recently. All the computers I have here are on Windows 10. I will try another PC this afternoon.
  11. P

Hardware/software: Windows 10 Foobar Topping DX3 Pro LDAC (aka V2) Was using the USB input this morning when it stopped working. I have Windows 10 set up to automatically install updates. I got an unknown error using Foobar, so I restarted the computer. No dice. Then I went to the Topping...
  12. P

Steve Guttenberg - Audiophiliac

I'm sure he's a nice guy but it's very obvious that he was a hi-fi salesman in a former life. He does review a fair amount of reasonably priced gear, which is fine. His videos are a combination of entertainment and advertisement at best. Can't really expect much more out of them.
  13. P

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Was able to get BT on the DX3 working again by doing a hard reset on the device a couple times, unplugging it, and resetting my phone's network settings a couple times and rebooting the phone. For the future I would like to see Topping implement a pin code system for this device. I think a...
  14. P

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Need a bit help here. BT was working fine for me about two weeks ago...I don't use it often but tried to use it today and can't get it to pair/connect with my phone. Deleted from available devices on my phone and now the phone can't detect the device in a BT search. Any tips to fix this? Like I...
Top Bottom