Recent content by patate91

1. P

Why can't audio industry standardize on a common digital audio "hdmi"?

Distance, a whole house can be wired with Ethernet cable. The technology could certainly evolve to wireless. There's no issues with latency and audio only.
  2. P

Their's no enormous cost. One connector that can do almost anything cost less, and cable management is easier. RJ45 is nothing new.
  3. P

Can you tell me what's the issue with latency with audio only?
  4. P

As per Dante, the default latency is 1ms https://dev.audinate.com/GA/dante-controller/userguide/webhelp/content/latency.htm And anyway latency and delays with audio only is not an issue. As per Audio and Video it's no longer an issue. At least not a big problem.
  5. P

I have 14 ms latency with a server located at 600km from my home. I doubt home audio will generate latency.
  6. P

Never Put Subwoofers In Corners... Even with DSP and Multi-Sub Setups?

Bass is not slower but it decays slower rooms. Slow decaying bass gives muddy and one note bass. This is why it's important to look at RT, waterfall, etc. graphs too.
  7. P

Revel Salon2 vs Genelec 8351B - Blind Test Preparations

Maybe you can use REW's auto target level feature in the EQ menu.
  8. P

Does near field listening render room correction less necessary?

Does it work on well treated room? It seems to be a fun thing to try.
  9. P

Does near field listening render room correction less necessary?

I have a medium size room with two doors. I have the best bass reponse (FR and Decay time) by leaving both doors open.
  10. P

Mono vs Stereo Speaker Evaluation

What's missing from some Harman plots (I didn't see a lot of them) is what the ranking for each participant (the individual result). Looking at black and white plots there's no indications if a participant got the same result as you. People at Harman certainly have this informations.
  11. P

Revel Salon2 vs Genelec 8351B - Blind Test Preparations

For speaker sound quality and spatial quality it appears that mono listening is not the best way to do it.
  12. P

EQ and house curve help

My room is treated on both side (ceilling, back walls and corners). I guess the asymetry is very plausible. Moving the speakers around is tough since they are huge, horns can move on top though. Maybe I'll fiddle a little bit with them. For MMM, I'm getting very consistent measurements even...
  13. P

EQ and house curve help

I did use the lower db level for my curve EQ, and got a more solid center image (It's not surprising though that level match speakers will give a better image). Note that mid and bass level seems equal for both speakers. I used the 1/12 smoothing. At low level listening I prefer a more flat HF...
  14. P

EQ and house curve help

Note that I dis measurement yesterday at 83db Z, and got the same behavior.
  15. P

EQ and house curve help

With SPL I have between 75 -80db C. The 44,1db comes from RTA. I think it's just a configuration issue.
Top Bottom