Recent content by PabloT

1. PabloT

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Guadalajara, Jalisco
  2. PabloT

Genelec options for dedicated home theater.

Room Acoustics My room acoustics are decent but not optimal. I've installed some acoustic panels to improve the sound quality. However, I'm not an acoustics expert, so I can't provide a detailed analysis. I've attached my GLM report for those interested in the specifics. Future Plans and Dirac...
  3. PabloT

Genelec options for dedicated home theater.

Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently running a home theater setup, and I am considering an upgrade to build an Atmos system. I would greatly appreciate your expert opinions on this matter. Current Setup: Sources: Apple TV, Blu-ray Signal Path: HDMI Sources → HDMI...
  4. PabloT

What headphone(s) do you own ?

My current gear goes as follows: Sources: Windows PC running EQ APO → Topping E30 → THX789 Qudelix 5K HPs: HD800S Aeon 2 Noire HD650 IEMs: Blessing 2 ER2XR Zero:RED Buds2 Pro I feel no need to upgrade at all, specially since my gear covers pretty much every possible need and scenario...
  5. PabloT

What are your favorite headphones?

Not trying to be contrarian or confrontational at all, I'm merely an admirer trying to understand. But if flat frequency response is preferred in both good enjoyment speakers and studio monitors, then why is it any different with headphones?
  6. PabloT

That I own? That would be DCA Aeon 2 Noire. I like them a lot, but channel matching is not great due to the pads deforming in an uneven manner.
  7. PabloT

Is PEQ available? If so, I would go for HD800S.
  8. PabloT

What is wrong with the HD800S? Needs EQ? Some Say Yes Others No

I have noticed that It's not uncommon to see varying opinions on headphones, even from respected sources. I think this has to do with individual HRTF and coupling issues. That being said, and as other posters have noted, the HD800S respond tremendously well to eq, the distortion is low enough...
  9. PabloT

Do I still need a subwoofer if I have the W371?

Can anyone confirm if GLM lets you cross over sub bass content to their subwoofers while also using W371s for stereo content. As I understand, the subs could only be used for LFE content, am I right?
  10. PabloT

Apply knowledge learned here to make a Business?

Is there a company that caters to rich audiophiles who don't dive too deep into audio but still care about audio so they are not too opinionated about it? I believe such a market exists, at least in some countries. I imagine a good percentage of audiophile equipment buyers are very rich and...
  11. PabloT

Is free field listening better than in room?

I also bet a good setup would sound killer in the middle of a forest. Great diffusion from the trees and a more natural sounding soundstage since there is al least some reverb compared to freefield is what I imagine. All this of course would be highly unpractical, just had to wonder.
  12. PabloT

Is free field listening better than in room?

Given the limitations in acoustic properties of most indoor spaces, it is natural to wonder if installing studio monitors with a subwoofer outside, in an environment with a low noise floor such as a rural area, would result in improved sound quality. What do you guys think? Has anyone here tried it?
  13. PabloT

Audiopraise VanityPro Review (HDMI Audio Extractor)

If you are using Genelec subs and want a full SAM setup, they make just the product. https://www.genelec.com/9301a
  14. PabloT

What would be an objectivist bang for your buck?

Where is this measurement from and what was the decibel level used for the test? Such large discrepancy seems unlikely IMO. If you had measurements for any of the ER2s from that same source it could clear things up. It's my understanding that armature balanced drivers have generally higher...
  15. PabloT

What would be an objectivist bang for your buck?

Objectively, they are not better. ER2 has lower distortion AFAIK.
Top Bottom