Recent content by oventurini

1. O

looking for a streamer/DAC with Airplay 2 + wifi to connect Adam active speakers

has anyone heard of the RASPDAC MINI? it has a I-Sabre ES9038Q2M DAC https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/lecteurs-reseau-audio-raspdac/audiophonics-raspdac-mini-kit-diy-lecteur-reseau-pour-raspberry-pi-4-dac-es9038q2m-p-14577.html
  2. O

looking for a streamer/DAC with Airplay 2 + wifi to connect Adam active speakers

the Sonos Port was my initial idea as I have a bunch of sonos speakers already but it is so badly reviewed: https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/sonos-port it makes me wonder.
  3. O

Just so I understand: does any DAC or preamp designed for headphones work with active speakers? thank you
  4. O

thank you #behrend. it is odd in fact to see that there aren't many cost effective solutions using either airplay or worse, Apple Music. I suppose it comes from Apple's legendary closed ecosystem. not very clever of them given the millions of devices they have sold. I can't be the only one looking.
  5. O

ok let me look more thoroughly into it then. is it Airplay2?
  6. O

I just looked at the raspberry PI option. it is a mini computer card I need to place in a box. not sure I have the skills for that. and the JDS Labs Element II is headphone preamp. I suppose that it would work with active speakers (no impedance issues?) the bluesound node 2i is very...
  7. O

thanks a lot for your replies. let me look into these. do I need a DAC if my primarily source will be a iOS device (iPhone or iPad)? will it improve the sound?
  8. O

hello, i am looking for a reasonably priced streamer/DAC with wifi. I absolutely need Airplay 2 (being on apple ecosystem) and would have loved balanced outputs to hook it up with my to Adam active speakers. but balanced will inevitably push the price up and it is not key right now. I am...
Top Bottom