Recent content by OrionX76

1. O

Try your hand at a 2 way VituixCAD crossover with full Spin-O-Rama data (108 sweeps)!

How did they sound with the crossover the other day? Would you mind giving your "hot take" on a subject I'm wrestling with? In my last crossover build I ended up with 11 components. I went with a 4th order because it produced the best frequency response. The 2nd order versions had too much...
  2. O

Try your hand at a 2 way VituixCAD crossover with full Spin-O-Rama data (108 sweeps)!

A post covering setup would be excellent! I have been mulling over a jig to keep everything square and level. Thinking of using either aluminum or unistrut. It would be nice to see a well organized setup process with all of the considerations addressed in one post. J.
  3. O

This is a pretty good result I think... I am still learning so be gentle ;-) I have included the vertical lobe and heat map graphs for reference. Seems ok for a 2-way? I have some questions on the power and impedance response. Is this acceptable for a decent amp? My test rig is an Emotiva...
  4. O

Absolutely. I use a mic with calibration file as well as the dual channel set up. In his documentation, Kimmo recommends measuring each driver on axis. This becomes a challenge when trying to keep everything lined up perfectly... especially when I go to do the vertical measurements. It looks...
  5. O

Dave, thanks for the data! I'll give it a go. This challenge brings up some interesting questions regarding the measurement setup: I see you are using ARTA. I use REW and I'm wondering how they compare with regard to the set up procedures. With REW we measure each driver on driver access but...
  6. O

Is there Interest in a dedicated DIY Speaker subsection?

I absolutely agree. I currently use the Scarlet 2i2 interface with loop back and it seems to be working well. I did have about 3 months where I wondered in the desert using a USB microphone. Some good people over at the diyaudio.com helped me out and set me on the right path. The problem that I...
  7. O

Is there Interest in a dedicated DIY Speaker subsection?

I have been learning measurement methods (REW) and simulating the results using VituixCAD. I am completely on board to add what I can to the conversation. At this point I have definitely had some success using the software but many, many questions remain. If we can approach best practices and...
Top Bottom