Recent content by onix

1. O

GaN Systems Amplifier Eval Board Measurements

I dunno that Class D should hold class AB as reference designs. IMHO, this forum is about scientific-based true reproducibility (neutrality and no color added) of recorded sound. What people seem to like about those "other" amps is in fact the color that they add... the color that comes from...
  2. O

Class D Amplifiers 101

Sort of an understatement, Don. What size inductors are we talking about here -- nanoH, microH, milliH? And are there multiple places where they get used, e.g. on the power input and output side, filtering in the pre-amp stages? Curious, since I work in technology where we can easily make...
  3. O

Hypex NC1200: Quality of the implementations

Another couple of considerations are vent holes at the bottom, and inlayed copper heat spreaders. Convection from the heating will draw the air from the bottom out holes on the top. Either way, it would be worthwhile to use a thermocouple to measure the temperature on the top of the power...
  4. O

Hypex NC1200: Quality of the implementations

Tell us about the technical design considerations, if you care to share. Beyond twisted-pair advice to reduce cross coupling, we could make other suggestions. For example, what consideration did you make for cooling? Or mechanical vibration reduction? Adjustment to reduce power fluctuations...
  5. O

Review and Measurements of Amazon Link Amp

Can someone else please confirm this, i.e. using Echo Link Amp to play to wired standalone speakers and simultaneously broadcast and play same audio to Echo speakers, e.g. Echo Studios, and do so without lag between the wired and wireless speakers?
  6. O

Class D Amplifiers 101

Not having read the patents, I suspect that the one-bit multi-order noise-shaping employed in DAC's is also behind the internals of the class D output driving the FET's ;) I would be *really* surprised if that wasn't the case. If the input required is simply a voltage into and "infinite"...
  7. O

Class D Amplifiers 101

Thanks for the wonderful write-up, Don. As I'm new to the DIY scene, the revelation of feedback to make accommodations is interesting, but makes sense. It reminds me of oversampled 1-bit delta-sigma A/D topologies from decades back. Your schematic suggests that the Vin going into the opamp...
Top Bottom