Recent content by onethreetwowaitthatswrong

1. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

FX-Audio DR07

I ordered it and sent it back soon after. Sound itself was absolutely fine but there were a couple of issues in my use case : - No pure dac mode with fixed output volume -> having to be careful when switching from dac to headphone amp to not blow your ears - loud click at every track beginning...
  2. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

Topping E70 Stereo DAC Review

I've spent quite some time trying to understand what that advice meant in practice. Found some post going into details, so technical that about a third of it entered my mind and not much stayed. So I tried to look at it another way : I can't say that I found someone complaining online that their...
  3. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

FX-Audio DR07

FX-Audio DR07, looks like a relatively cheap Dac & headphone amp combo, but still on the higher side of the Fx-audio line at 145€ : DAC chips 2x AKM AK4493 Bluetooth receiver Qualcomm QCC5125 USB receiver XMOS XU316 SNR 120dB Headphone output power 2x 1100mW @ 32Ω RCA output...
  4. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

Modern preamps with "Rec Out"?

Tad off topic, but I wish this one, and this brand, were a bit more discussed here. Seems like a great box, features-wise. For example, there is a low-pass for sub, and a high-pass rca out, which seems an ideal combination, but also a full signal rca out, as well as XLR out. Sadly it is not...
  5. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

On the same website, the Cambridge Audio AX-R85 at 425 bucks is very tempting.. If only for the simplicity factor of integrated w/ sub out vs a setup like dac (+ preamp) + hypex power amp. 2 x 85 W at (8 ohms) on products often pretty fine looks appetizing. If it works as well as expected, and...
  6. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

NEW AUDIOPHONICS AP300-S2503E. 3E Audio 260-2-29A Amplifier

I wouldn't know about the quality difference between Ncore and 3E Audio besides what I read here (which is : a lot of good about Ncore, not much about 3E), but it seems to me that there's a potential determining differences between the two : the Ncore AP-300 have both XLR and RCA in, which is an...
  7. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

Power amp without decoupling capacitor, what does this mean?

Im gonna agree with you, because I went through this thread, as well as this one as well as other websites where this issue was raised. And if I understood why DC could be dangerous for speakers, my total lack of engineering and electrical background still leaves me at a kind of loss in term of...
  8. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

TOPPING MX3s

Update : Topping support sent me the V.012 firmware update. Was a bit of a struggle to flash, but it solved the problem.
  9. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

Topping D70S fried my speakers...

I just went the whole thread 'cause OP's and strea's problem kinda scared me 'cause I was thinking about a similar setup, to end up about to post the same device. Wouldn't it be a perfect safeguard ? Are there credible reasons to think it would degrade the audio signal ? Or do it at an audible...
  10. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

Nice. Was about to say "that's the setup I think I'll aim for", then I stumbled on this thread and post which are scary as hell when your planned use case is "one signal wakes up all the rest of the chain automatically" :D
  11. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

And it's been said here that the E70 is at least as good, if not better, than the Velvet, so from a strictly monetary pov it's a no brainer. B-b-but the D70 Octo (not reviewed here though) looks so nicely built, with these large feets, and this large screen..:oops: And the Dx7Pro+ also takes...
  12. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

Just would have loved to hear back from someone who actually did it (or a very similar setup) :) There are a few testimonies here and there, but they are sparse. My case use is probably be the same (PC or radio receiver -> Topping Dac/Preamp [so it can auto/on off and trigger on/off the power...
  13. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

Hey, read a few pages after that without finding, did you ever got an answer about that/tried it yourself and experienced the result ?
  14. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

TOPPING DX9!

Oh my yes, you're right ! If it's only to power a simple power amplifier, like a MPA-S125NC or 250 for example + an active sub, a good bunch of older models can do that. They just have to allow simultaneous RCA and XLR outputs, and then there's just the sub volume to adjust respectively to the...
  15. onethreetwowaitthatswrong

How to set Topping DX3Pro+ to Line Out DAC mode?

Hello, If I remember right, in the case of the Dx3pro+, power off does not mean standby mode, but unplugged power. So you'll have to do the knob manipulation again, but starting with an unplugged device. Then you'll be able to disable the dac volume (m -d). I don't know if there is a difference...
Top Bottom