Recent content by Oldson

1. O

Schiit Midguard just died and the blue smoke escaped

had the exact same thing happen to my Phonitor SE. luckily the supplier repaired it. now i use balanced cables only with an adapter to single ended. i leave the adapter plugged in to the amp all the time and only ever unplug at the xlr connector. unfortunately for me i have the Phonitor SE...
  2. O

Sold/EU [France] : RME ADI-2 v1 shipped within France : 620€

would depend on type and quality of any capacitor
  3. O

Topping E30 DAC Review

sold quickly. got a E50 on the cheap to replace it, just to cover any balanced options in the future.
  4. O

Topping E30 DAC Review

my E30 is on ebay if anyone interested https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145748528624
  5. O

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

finally got the E30 working in exclusive mode. re-installed the driver several times over the last day or two and eventually it started playing ball. did try wasapi and asio but neither solved the issue. both deleted now. happy days. £60 well spent for once in my life.
  6. O

please dont ask me to get technical as i am not that knowledgable, but in "exclusive" mode all the windows 10 processing is bypassed and therefore should provide a bit-perfect output. 99% of the time i am using usb from my pc using foobar. if its not exclusive i get other things playing at the...
  7. O

i do like both the Qutest and E30 sonically. the Qutest is going as it can fund another headphone. the E30, i cant get to run in exclusive mode. maybe a driver issue. not had this problem with a dac for a long time now and it niggles me. will keep it until i either solve the issue or replace it...
  8. O

What do folks here think of products like the Matrix Element H

i was about to ask the exact same thing. have seen "Passion for sound" youtube review of the element H and an alternative from Jcat. i cant see what these can offer over all the various products from the likes of Ifi. i am currently selling an Ifi nano iusb3 on ebay , because it seems to do very...
  9. O

after just a few hours of listening to the E30, i am not sure i will be keeping it. BUT, i am sure that i will NOT be keeping the Qutest. if nothing else, this little test has proved that, for my ears, the Qutest (good as it is) is not worth what i paid for it. i have had my eye on another...
  10. O

well i have started comparing the Qutest and E30, but i do have a problem trying to get the E30 to operate in excluseive mode via foobar. soundwise, the jury is out!!
  11. O

How do you hear headphone 'soundstage'

i actually meant dac/cd etc. sorry i should have been clearer edited now
  12. O

How do you hear headphone 'soundstage'

for me, when listening to music its totally in my head and left to right. i dont seem to be able to perceive soundstage depth or height that others speak of. i can with the "virtual haircut" though. which part of the chain has biggest influence on soundstage? i would guess 1) headphones...
  13. O

grabbed used E30 instead, will be interesting when it arrives. if i hear no difference it will be down to usb reliability and if this is not good then i will sell both and start again.
  14. O

Topping E30 DAC Review

just bagged an E30 for £60. will see how it compares to my Qutest
Top Bottom