Recent content by OldMold

1. OldMold

Amp w. remote for living room setup?

The Powergate came in today and so far, this thing rocks. I just hooked up the Jamo S803s, optical to the TV, and played one of the Star Trek movies from the Fire Stick and it had strong, clean power that truly delivered. The only thing I need to deal with now is to get all my remotes sorted...
  2. OldMold

I can't believe I've never heard of this before, but it might be exactly what I need. The reviews complaining about the WiFi don't impact me at all either as I won't be using it for that. Looks like a solid device! I might pull the trigger this afternoon if I don't find anything else. Any idea...
  3. OldMold

Thanks for the tips- I wasn't sure if the r-s202 0.2% THD would introduce noise, but for $150, it seems like a solid option. And I'm not against looking for local deals or that site you mentioned (never knew that existed) so I'll definitely be on the lookout. I was hoping to buy in the next...
  4. OldMold

Hi ASR family! I definitely could use some help on this one. I'm looking to move my Jamo S803 bookshelf speakers to the living room for a basic 2.0 setup. As of now, the sourcing will go: Amazon Fire Stick 4K > TV > Optical out to amp > S803s (Would a DAC help out if just streaming movies?)...
  5. OldMold

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

This has been happening to me as well on my new PC build (didn't happen on the old one). It sucks that I have to keep reaching around the back to disconnect and reconnect. I just switched it to a different USB port to see if that changes anything.
  6. OldMold

Any good budget stereo amps?

Glad to hear there are others out there that are happy with the A-100. Mine hasn't shipped yet, but I find it surprising how few people have this amp despite its strong specs.
  7. OldMold

Designing a 3D Printable Case for the Khadas Tone Board

Did you throw some feet on it or are my eyes messing with me? The reflection from the smooth surface on the THX AAA is making it hard for me to tell. If so, what kind of feet did you go with?
  8. OldMold

How much longer until your board arrives? The cases are looking great!
  9. OldMold

I came across your design from doing a google search and really like the simplicity of it. My fingers are crossed for you & Tim to getting decent printable solutions going.
  10. OldMold

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

This might be a silly question then, but will there be two separate playback options in the Windows sound menu (1 for USB and 1 for SPDIF) with both cables connected to the PC? Just making sure I understand it correctly. Much appreciated!
Top Bottom