Recent content by nUUK25

1. N

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

A lot of time has passed - Well, not a surprise ! 4 are better than 2 - it is worth it !! :)
  2. N

Matrix Element S + Topping D90SE vs. Matrix Element X

Hi there, I have a Topping D90SE and four D90SE and a pair of (bi-amped) Martin Logan ESL Electromotion X .....seriously considering to buy the Matrix Audio Element S for Hi Res playback over USB and various streaming of cause ! Can any of you in this tread (or other members) tell me if D90SE...
  3. N

I've had just one LA90 for some time (July) and realized that with two the sound might be less constrained. Two month ago I've bridged (mono) two amps, one for each speaker and it works wonders in terms of the past 'constrainment'. Definitely an audio quality ascent ! Now I'm thinking I might...
  4. N

How about these two ? - a combination !! D90SE with the remote control on the Master (red) The eksternal PSU 12v (1000 mA) on a slave (Black) and the LA90 (its externel PSU) on a Slave (Black). With more 12 v. (1000 mA) it can control more LA90'ies. # Kenshone.....What are the minimum current...
  5. N

I think there is a low tech. cost effective solution here by Rip City Dave: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-add-a-12v-trigger-to-topping-audio-chain.33997/
  6. N

It's not the D90SE which is the problem but the LA90s inability to turn on when it's on a remote controlled wireless sucket. So you think once the LA90 PSUs are turned on by the wireless sucket the signal from the pre-amp part on he D90SE is enough to turn on all 4 LA90 (provided the setting on...
  7. N

I've had one LA90 for one week now and it is way better than 4, Icepower 125ASX2 bridged/Ghentaudio case. Much more control and detail, and cleaner sound (much less destortion). I'm so curious about how 4, LA90 will perform in mono with my Martin Logan Electromotion ESL X (6 ohm). The sound...
  8. N

Ocay, LA90 gain in mono mode is 15,5 db or 25,2 db ....or as you suggest just try with one amp in stereo as a start and see how it goes at 1/4 of the expence - maybe 4 amps are overkill. Stereo and one amp will give me an idear about quality level at lower and modest audio levels - can always...
  9. N

Right ! - Thanks kenshone, Right,..... 'unplugged' baroque composers are best at realistic sound levels anyway and does not improve on higher levels. The same goes mostly !! ...for Jazz (Return to Forever and some Sting). I do listen to Jennifer Warnes, Leonard Cohen, Janis Ian ...stuf like...
  10. N

I think Martin Logan Electromotion ESL X, is fairly efficient: M.L states: 91 db / 2.783 volts / meter HIFInews.com at their Lab report states: Sensitivity (SPL/1m/2.83V – 1kHz/Mean/IEC) 88.8dB / 89.6dB / 86.3dB Impedance modulus: minimum & maximum (20Hz–20kHz) 2.87ohm @ 30Hz, 20.5ohm @...
  11. N

I'm thinking of buying the Topping LA90 - I already have the DAC/preamp Topping D90SE and it is great in dual-mode. I want to replace 4 DIY Icepower 125ASX2 bridged/Ghentaudio case, based power amps. for something better. I will preferably buy for a mono/bridged setup (2 or 4 identical amps.) -...
Top Bottom