Recent content by Nutul

1. Nutul

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

AFAIK, SMB v2+ should be supported by the A6/A8...
  2. Nutul

Reading this I assume your password has a special character... wouldn't it be easier to just change your password to one without such characters? After all your SMB share is not exposed to all the World, right?
  3. Nutul

EverSolo Z8 DAC & Amp Review

I own one since April last year, and have since been constantly listening to it an average of 2 hours a day. I am extremely satisfied with its resolution and detail retrieving. Using it through USB from my RPi-based player, and optical from my Sony TV. No cons at all. It's a DAC and it does its...
  4. Nutul

Leafaudio cmd27

If the translation has been done by the app, chapeau!
  5. Nutul

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Everywhere I read it *is* a decoder. Anyway, I see in the end we are on the same page... ;-)
  6. Nutul

I meant: don't bother, you gain nothing. Anyway, the SU-1 is an MQA decoder, so I believe you should send the MQA stream to it as-is (at 0dB, as any digital alteration of the stream, such as volume attenuation, will "render" the MQA stream as invalid...) Enjoy.
  7. Nutul

It doesn't make any difference; MQA is a well perpetrated lossless scam, so the farther away you get from it, the better it is for you. Ah, its "inventor" company is bankrupt, BTW (or "in administration", as our fellow Brits like to call it)
  8. Nutul

Will an external DAC sound better/different than my AVR DAC?

If they do DSP and/or spatial audio enhancements (like your stereo -> 5.1) yes; they MUST have an ADC, as there is no other way to apply such changes to an analog audio signal.
  9. Nutul

That would depend on the ADC performance of the AVR, wouldn't it?!? Hence my statement that the performance will be dictated by the ADC/DAC of the AVR, as it is the final (re)conversion. The efforts of your Chord would be rendered null in a similar scenario, am I wrong?
  10. Nutul

Dunno. Just echoing what the OP stated in his first post... I know none of the gear mentioned here, put my reply based on the theory behind the question(s).
  11. Nutul

Thing is, that the OP needs the DAC in the AVR to digitize the analog input(s) and apply room correction / DSP, so anything "pure direct" is out of the equation... I wonder why, then, he's even using an external DAC, he could just enter the AVR directly... the DAC quality would be that of the...
  12. Nutul

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

I think you lack some knowledge about how the digital connections work. USB is a data transfer interface, and as such transfers data. If there is something wrong with it, then it is its implementation on a device. You can, of course, refuse to use it, but what I don't allow you to do is call...
  13. Nutul

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

USB has a bigger bandwidth and allows everything up to 768kHz (and more...) while optical is limited to 96kHz (IIRC) but has the advantage of offering galvanic isolation, and hence rejecting every form of electrical noise that could leak in from the source device.
  14. Nutul

Well, if playing files locally has no stuttering, and through the network it has, it may be actually a network issue... multichannel DSDs actually require a "bit" of bandwidth and a stable player (Roon in this case... what machine is it running on, is it powerful...?) Just my 2c.
  15. Nutul

Streamer recommendation (not WiiM Pro)

UAC 2.0 is USB-AUDIO-CLASS 2.0. It differs from UAC 1.0 in that it is ASYNCHRONOUS and clock-independent from the source: UAC1.0 - SYNCHRONOUS: the streamer / player dictates the clock, and the DAC must do whatever it can to keep up with the speed of the data it is being fed with: buffer...
Top Bottom