Recent content by Nostro

1. Nostro

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Haha....as much as I love the look of the new remote & its onboard functions....I tend to agree. I can't see it sounding any different. And having spoken to the distributor out here, I was told new stock not due to leave Germany for another week or so. Made my life easier...pulled the trigger...
  2. Nostro

Thanks LTig..... Good call...I'm getting very carried away with this intended purchase & wanted to have this sorted after a weekend of reading & thinking. The more I read and so on the less enthusiastic or more confusion sets in. I need to get back to the positivity I had beforehand that led...
  3. Nostro

Disappointing indeed. You've got me thinking twice about this purchase now 'harsh & hard' are words that are extremely offputting. I'm very interested to hear how you progress given the many onboard settings available. 1000 days can be a 'harsh' sounding album, but assume not so with your old...
  4. Nostro

Well....I just went to user forum, tried to register & I received this message: " Warning! The following errors must be corrected before you can register: The email address you entered is banned in this forum. Please choose another email address." I can't think of any reason why that would...
  5. Nostro

Never knew there was such a forum - thank you Willem. :cool:
  6. Nostro

Is there a price for the remote as a standalone accessory? I don't seem to find that info anywhere. Cheers!
  7. Nostro

RME reviewed on Hi-Fi Plus

Wait....what :eek::eek::eek: I was just about to pull the trigger (seriously) Dood McMan...."harsh, spitty highs like an air hose....." FFS....I'm not gonna go near this with a 10ft barge pole. Now I see why there are a few early Black Friday deals out here. Dood McMan...."I can literally...
  8. Nostro

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Sour beer...cough, splutter, cough.....:) I made the mistake of trying that recently as typically I like sour foods. I was in a huge alcohol warehouse, others here from Australia will know it. There was a new 'section' over in a very large beer section (beers from all around the world). There...
  9. Nostro

Hey Willem, What started as looking for a headphone amp (primarily) has turned into highly likely buying this & using this as dac/headphone amp & perhaps pre. I'm not exactly certain by connecting via coax will it then hand all duties over to the RME, on the basis I will connect the powered...
  10. Nostro

[SOLD] RME ADI-2 DAC FS, very good condition, 4 years warranty.

Fairly certain you'd not pay sales tax on second hand goods. You'd likely need to value the item just under AUD $1000 (to be reasonably sure) and make it clear it's a used item. Cheers!
  11. Nostro

Excellent - thank you JIW. Achieving all that I wanted with this solution - dac upgrade and headphone amp all wrapped into an attractive package. Plus the ability to use the onboard RME tweaks. Any other suggestions as to my choice most welcome. I'd like to buy by Monday whilst this is on...
  12. Nostro

Thank you JIW - yup that's what I'd like to do, which essentially leaves the Cambridge as a fancy streaming box. But, now I get a good headphone amp & superior dac. Oh, I assume then I'd use the rca interconnects for my sub. So both balanced and rca from the Cambridge now gets handed over to the...
  13. Nostro

HI all, I am really confused & just looking for some advice thank you. I can buy this unit (RME ADI-2 dac) for AUD $1599 - that's a $400 saving of standard retail (early black Friday deal). I would like a headphone amp that connects to my Cambridge Audio CXn v2 streamer, but had also been...
  14. Nostro

Need recommendations for music streamer

Confirming Tidal streaming once again working via app & desktop application. Seems to have been rectified via Tidal with early Nov update. Sorry, for almost forgetting about this. Cheers!
  15. Nostro

What are we listening to right now..

NIce 1 gikigill.... Love Leonard & the recent upload on the making of it was very touching!
Top Bottom