Recent content by Norcal

1. N

Canton Rerence vs Pmc tweenty improve system

I think what was being asked was more along the lines of what specifically do you wish to improve about the sound? Without understanding that, the community can't really give you any good advice...
  2. N

Neumann speaker choice home studio

thank you for following up with the group and closing the loop so to speak. Not all new posters do that...
  3. N

AXPONA 2024 - List of companies displaying Purify based amplifiers

What you will hear is a combination of the electronics, the speakers and the room with the speakers and the room dominating what you perceive, so it will be very, very difficult for you to deconvolve these effects and 'hear' the amplifier in isolation. Even if you somehow could do so, the...
  4. N

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

I think we've lost the OP - it has been almost a year since he's posted to this thread. We may never find out how the story ends...
  5. N

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

I put him on ignore months ago - don't remember exactly why, but it has apparently saved me much aggravation on this thread.
  6. N

Weak power nad c399

i'd bet on the volume limits on the 2i not being at 100%...
  7. N

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

Dylan is remarkably patient - answering reasonable questions is one thing, but all the 'why did you do it this way, and why didn't you do it that way' questions must be aggravating. For every minute he's justifying his decisions on this forum is a minute he's not on the bench developing...
  8. N

Subwoofer recommendation with (built in) room correction, for $500 euros or less

It also might help if the OP occasionally thanked the many members spending their precious time trying to help in this thread. I know that this is the internet, and common courtesy is frequently not observed, but in the real world, if people who ask questions don't seem grateful for the help...
  9. N

Review and Measurements of Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Amp & EQ (Part 1)

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-lyngdorf-roomperfect-eq.6799/
  10. N

Desk setup for listening to music

Aside from DSP, what are you looking to get out of new speakers that the iLouds are lacking?
  11. N

Genelecs fed with AES digital - unwanted clicks in audio

I think RME has a presence here. @MC_RME - any thoughts?
  12. N

Subwoofer for music

What you said is absolutely true, but (and you know this, I'm sure, but I'm just stating it for the newer folks), if a subwoofer is going to be used for home theater duty, you may end up with different recommendations since HT duty can place additional requirements for infrasonics and output...
  13. N

Possible streamer & Dac advice

The WiiM Amp hasn't been measured here yet AFAIK, but given its low cost, feature set, quality of other products in the WiiM line and the excitement it has generated, I'd expect measurements to be coming soon. The other WiiM products have been measured here extensively.
  14. N

What DAC to try in effort to see if a separate DAC improves music sound vs my Anthem STR preamp?

Ah, I see. It just seems like the value proposition of the Anthem (and it isn't cheap) is mostly in the DSP and room correction, so if you bypass all that stuff via the Topping, you wouldn't need the Anthem at all, unless you don't trust the Topping volume control?
Top Bottom