Recent content by noi1996

1. N

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

I have previously added a similar Avcc Mod to SMSL DAC M8. In this case, I think it would be better to use a low-voltage and low-noise bipolar op-amp that serves as a 3.3V buffer, and to configure the op-amp using only a positive 5.6V rail power supply.
  2. N

Measurements: "ESS Hump" revisited (Khadas Tone Board V1.3)

When a cross capacitor (220pF) is used with the OPA1612, the simulation shows a peak at 15-20MHz for the capacitor alone. The cross capacitor alone tends to be a bit unstable even with LME49720. I think 220pF is appropriate, but these opamps seems to require a resistor of 33-68 ohm in series...
  3. N

If you intend to "degrade" the D10B for comparison, how about add some impedance to the AVCC of the D10B ? One of the differences may be that KTB uses the ADP150 for 3.3V and D10B uses the LM4562 as a 3.3V buffer for AVCC. Edit: In D10B, It may be easy to connect the output of the 3.3V LDO...
  4. N

What about using a CFB op-amp like AD812 for the I/V stage ? It won't be able to use the differential input capacitor and the feedback capacitor, but a wide bandwidth and fast slew rate can be obtained. The internal resistance of the ES9038Q2M is 774 ohm, so the feedback resistor would be close...
  5. N

Great and very informative! I did several simulations with the same circuit configuration as the Soncoz SGD1, and I think the 10R and differential input capacitors are effective even with a fast and stable op-amp like the OPA828. (The capacitor value could be lowered.) This circuit would have to...
  6. N

Great thread!!! I'm interested in how much of an effect hardware mods like the ones Soncoz designers did actually have on the ESS hump. Changing the value of the RC network in the feedback of the op-amps in the IV stage should probably have an effect. The latest Topping DACs seem to use 10...
Top Bottom