Recent content by nocrapman

1. N

Dynaudio Focus 10 active speakers (Stereophile review)

Debating between the Focus 30s and 50s. Price difference is not huge. Room is big but would be fine with either. Keen to get rid of a giant butler amp/DAC/streamer - keep it simple at least in one setup.
  2. N

Dynaudio Focus 10 active speakers (Stereophile review)

Pray elaborate. I am looking at the Dynaudio focus 50s for a bedroom solution. Other than the LS60 and the Buchardts, I havent seen anything else that comes close for the price point and form factor and the features.
  3. N

8 channel amp for outdoor speakers

Parallel is definitely an option. Will drop the resistance to 4Ohms. Wasnt sure if the increased load would be bad for the Hypex. So maybe I can do a 4 channel while doubling up on each channel. Or 2 stereo amps.
  4. N

8 channel amp for outdoor speakers

Hi folks I am looking to upgrade my outdoor patio speakers to a proper amp from its current old HT receiver. This will be run as 8 mono channels. All are 6-8 ohm loads wired with 12 gauge runs. Considering a Hypex NC 252 based builds. Monoprice seems to be the best priced but specd at 100wpc...
  5. N

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Review (active monitor)

I have been lurking here for a few months and have quietly enjoyed the discussions and objective data so meticulously taken and posted without the obvious biases that are in play in the popular rags (AS, SP), or even the popular youtube channels/websites. Thank you Amir! I just signed up here...
Top Bottom