Recent content by nobody

1. N

Standarized Measurement Protocols for E1DA Cosmos ADC owners

I've just recently acquired mentioned ADC. It's great and precise tool for its price. I come to idea it will be nice to have unified measurement protocol for owners of Cosmos, so everyone can contribute with measurements of devices which Armir due to different reasons can't measure (distance...
  2. N

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

I had problems with unbalanced line out on my A90 with power amps. High amount of noise on Nakamichi PA5 or Usher R1.5 even without any source connected. What's worst, the noise was there even with the A90 powered off with front switch. Only solution to get rid of the noise was to disable A90...
  3. N

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

I had Topping A90 and still have SP400. Both primary used as preamp. The SP400 is definitely more transparent. A90 has fantastic bass, but is little bit worse in top octaves details. In terms of sound A90 should be same as PRE90. But honestly, if I had not the oportunity to compare them...
  4. N

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

If you want to be sure, that you will receive fixed unit in Europe, buy it from Audiophonics.fr They are service point for Europe and have updated all units in stock.
  5. N

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I bought SU-9 from Audiophonics in december. I will measure it before I will send it for FW upgrade and after I receive it back.
  6. N

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Well the hum on unbalanced out is no go for me :( I have Topping A90 and when I've tried it with my unbalanced Nakamichi PA5 as preamp, it makes really bad background noise, not only 50Hz hum but also high frequency noise :( SMSL SP400 is better, but still worse than my recently acquired Mark...
  7. N

Well as I said, it can be all my imagination... But it's weird, because I rate both A90 and SP400 higher as preamps than my Mark Levinson 380 preamp. Yet the aesthetics, weight and price of ML380 is on another level...so it should sound better, right? I don't know if the particular regulated...
  8. N

No, straight from foobar or Tidal thru WASAPI (to avoid Windows resampling/volume control) to USB DAC. My amateur theory is, that measurements are made on separate components and not as entire system. From DAC to headphones/loudspeakers. And the components interacts to each other. Most...
  9. N

It's my subjective evaluation of those headphone amps... Well, maybe it's all my imagination, but I can hear those differences consistently with different DACs and even when used as preamps in my loudspeakers rig. Maybe it has something to do with better power supply in SP400... Or better...
  10. N

Hi I have also SP200 and SP400, but different DACs (SMLS SU-9, Topping D90 and Topping D50s). Overall the SP400 is definitely cleaner and more calm, SP200 is always slightly more nervous in direct comparison. No problem with power output with my AKG 701 headphones on both. With balanced input, I...
  11. N

Yes, I forgot it... It's the one on my list to buy and compare to A90 and SP400.
  12. N

Off course, as I use only XLR out, I forgot to mention it.
  13. N

SP400 can serve as very capable balanced preamp too, is possible to add those measurements for XLR out? Please? Pretty please?
  14. N

SMSL SP400 - fully balanced (4x THX 888 module), Pre-out, remote control, relay volume control, headphone out SMSL SH-9 - unbalanced (2x THX 888 module) remote control, relay volume control NO Pre-out Topping A90 - fully balanced, pre-out, potentiometer volume conrol, NO remote control...
  15. N

@amirm Thank you for the review, can you please add measurements for XLR out? Sinad, multitone, crosstalk and so on. With remote control, this device is interesting for those who are looking for preamp with headphone output. It's good alternative to Pre90. I own Topping A90 for 6 months already...
Top Bottom