Recent content by NikJi

1. N

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

How many people here have any experience in manufacturing, process engineering and recipes?
  2. N

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

It is not “if”. It is “if you”. I heard a difference. Question is will you? If not, what will you be measuring for?
  3. N

One should know what they are measuring for, and then measure for it. So do yourself and everyone a favor. Get the 2 dacs, a headphone and listen to the same music on both. If you hear a difference, then you know what you are attempting to measure and will prepare accordingly.
  4. N

Ahhhh… thanks for the advice. I wish I had the means to record and post what the Audioquest Dragon and the THX Onyx sounded like on the Sony MDR7506. That said, it is a simple experiment anyone of you can try. All you need is to go to amazon.com and purchase the 3 items (with free returns), hear...
  5. N

If I challenge, I am a troll? Thanks. I will stop posting on this thread. You all can enjoy slapping each other. I am out.
  6. N

An omelette is an omelette. Same egg. Measurement wise same amount of fat, protein and whatever else not only before but also after it is cooked. Right?
  7. N

Track Time Discrepancy

So here are the preferences to when to start recording.
  8. N

Of course. All of my DACs sound different. Very different. For example: Audioquest Dragon Black vs THX Onyx on my Sony MDR7506 headphones. Onkyo A9150 built-in AK4452 vs Schiit Modi3 plugged into A9150. There are differences simply because of they have been implemented. In theory the digital to...
  9. N

Track Time Discrepancy

I like this theory. I am an audacity noob but this logic makes sense. If one of DACs is sending out low level music signals that are not detected by audacity, would it not record? Hmmm…
  10. N

Track Time Discrepancy

That is exactly my question. This is not one off. I repeated this recording multiple times with the same results. One DAC interprets and reproduces differently(?) than th other one. Just fyi - both of these are DACs that have been measured by Amir and got his thumbs up
  11. N

Track Time Discrepancy

The audacity was set to start recording on signal detect. So both DACs recording start at the same. However somewhere along the way they begin to lose synchronization such as one captured above and finally resulting in that total analog track time discrepancy you see. What do you mean when you...
  12. N

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

Probably explains why Klipsch horns are square. I always wondered that.
  13. N

Track Time Discrepancy

Any feedback on this? I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this, possibly with some experiments and measurements of their own.
  14. N

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

don't forget Kofi Annan
Top Bottom