Recent content by newmedia

1. N

How Dangerous is AI?

Its a fools gold, All hyped up. Big money to be made selling info.
  2. N

Emotiva MC-1 Review (Home Theater Processor)

Other than video games, does any TV shows or movies use HDMI 2.1 120hz video content?
  3. N

Denon AVR-A1H

No. Typically these avr will deliver 30=40 watts per channel for all channels at same time.
  4. N

Vintage HT help please

I would replace the one damage speaker with similar size speaker or replace the woffer only. These are 5inch woffer? These are design to play 80hz and up.
  5. N

I have few sets of 5.1 speakers at home. I switched to slightly more efficient Yamaha ns 777 and ns555 towers for surround sides and back speakers. I have reset the crossover to between 60hz to 80hz. I also have infinity cascade 5.1 speakers in a storage room.. I may try them later but the...
  6. N

I made mistake on speaker for center and 4 surround speaker set up. The speakers are jamo cencert VII.
  7. N

These will go low to 20hz. They need high power amplifier to make them sound good. Other than mc1 freezing up 2 times I had it, sound is good enough for me at this time. TV, movies, and music all sound better than lexicon.
  8. N

FL &FR tekton double impact 5 other speakers are Jamo concert 777 or 707 full range speakers. These have isobatic duel 8 inch woofers inside the tower speaker. I am using cherry amps, yamaha mx1000, and adcom amp for floor set up. Nice clean high currant power. Old school amplifiers and...
  9. N

I bought mc1 2 weeks ago at new lower prices of $799. It replaced lexicon RV8 re receiver. Its got minor issues , the system frozed once and lost some settings. The room correction is mess, I do not use it. My source are xbox one x as 4k dvd and deezer hi fi streamer and roku ultra for...
  10. N

Low clearance below TV for Center

I had 2 large floor speakers used as center. My receiver is Lexicon RV-8 . The speakers are jamo concert 7 wired in series. It sounded great setting the center crossover at 30. Now I use 1 jamo concert 7 speaker do to different set up.
  11. N

Class D power amps with Variable Gain?

I been using Cheery STM amplifier. It has volume control.
  12. N

Tekton Impact review disaster (NRD)

Speaker he reviewed sounded good except one area of frequency. The owner of the speaker company made big issue out of it. Far as I can tell , Tekton double impact speakers are most reviewed and best selling. I was able to hear the double impacts, it has type of sound that is different from...
  13. N

Review and Measurements of Yulong DA10 DAC & Amp

I have DA8II and DA200 used in 2 separate rooms. I bought them used couple years ago. I been happy digital music user with these units.
Top Bottom