Recent content by nerdoldnerdith

1. N

Denon announced 3 port 8k HDMI 2.1 switcher

I have an 8K TV doing 60Hz and a 4K TV doing 120Hz. Bandwidth is definitely an issue for me. Finding longer cables that worked for these was a pain.
  2. N

Denon announced 3 port 8k HDMI 2.1 switcher

Couldn't a larger connector/cable with more channels just be used? I don't fully understand the problem of cramming all of that bandwidth into a cable, but I know it can be done at larger sizes. I think the problem is that they are trying to do too much with the dinky little HDMI connector.
  3. N

Grimani SPL rule of thumb

Their PerformaBe and Performa3 speakers have recommended amplifier power. Based on those recommendations the PerformaBe speakers should be able to hit 115dB, which is where they need to be for home theater.
  4. N

Grimani SPL rule of thumb

Even with using -7dB as a conservative estimate for my speakers placed 10 feet away in my ~3000 sq. ft. room, this tells me I need 105-(86-7)=26dB=400W into 8 ohms. In my case it needs to hold that down 3.7 ohms, so it can't start drooping as the impedence decreases. I thought maybe a Hypex...
  5. N

Has anyone heard speakers with a wider soundstage than Revel's?

Most room correction software has you take measurements at several listening positions and equalizes the average. This is the best way to go unless you're in a heavily treated studio.
  6. N

Cool. This is the first I've seen these in the wild. How do you like them vs. the F226Be?
  7. N

Neumann KH420 vs Revel PerformaBe F228be or F328be

Weight: 77.2 lbs You better have some hefty stands!
  8. N

The Salon2's are more accurate for sure. The Morrison's sound gigantic, but this is an exagerrated sense of space that doesn't work for most content you throw at them. They will take whatever space is in the recording and enlarge it. Vocals and instruments that naturally have narrowing...
  9. N

Omni speakers don't need large rooms to get the massive soundstage effect. I don't know how they sound in large rooms. My room isn't particularly large, but the are pulled out quite a bit from the front wall. That's true about on wall speakers. I am designing a speaker that will do just that...
  10. N

I consider soundstage and imaging to be different things. A system can have precise imaging without the soundstage being especially wide or deep. A system can also sound very wide and/or deep while also being hazy in being able to represent things within that space. Based on my experience I...
  11. N

My Morrison Audio omnidirectional speakers have the widest soundstage I've ever heard. Much wider than the Revel Salon2 and Philharmonic BMR.
  12. N

Amplifier SINAD list ASR + 3rd parties

My point is that you have to look at the full picture to determine your needs. If your speakers only produce 86dB of SPL with 5W, then there are many many amplifiers that will be blameless at those levels. You can't just find the cleanest one at that level of power and make the mistake of...
Top Bottom