Recent content by nerdoldnerdith

1. N

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Operating a tweeter(s) that close to the resonant frequency is never a good idea. Tweeters have very little in the way of suspension and are produced in such a way that there is a lot of inconsistency around the resonant frequency from tweeter to tweeter. You cannot expect any two tweeters to...
  2. N

Sold: Genelec 8351B - grey - $6800 local pickup

Long gone, but I have a pair of 8341A's for sale if you're interested
  3. N

Are MBL omnidirectional speakers worth the $$$?

Get speakers from Morrison Audio for a proper point source omnidirectional if that's your thing. MBL's drivers are spaced too far apart vertically and cause comb filtering in the vertical domain. A proper point source should be omnidirectional in every direction, not just horizontally.
  4. N

Salon2 vs F328Be

If you are using subs you can probably get away with using a pair of F226Be's
  5. N

Epos ES 14 N - best passive Speaker in SpiNorama.org so far? (7.4/10 with equalisation without subwoofer)

The March Audio Sointuva has a 7.3 with EQ and no sub, and that's with proper measurements that aren't smoothed by the vendor. I think the Epos would lose some points if it were tested the same way. You can see the same thing with other speakers like those from Perlisten where the only...
  6. N

F/S: Morrison Audio Model 19.1 with Model 29 tweeters - includes DBX PA2 active crossover - $3500

They are made of aluminum. Are you interested in the speakers? They are still for sale.
  7. N

One hell of a 12” woofer!

Pretty much. I would never buy something from Dayton, a company that makes cheap drivers mostly for DIYers, over something from a highly competitive company that hires top engineers to make the drivers used in the multi-billion dollar pro audio industry. The level of engineering that goes into...
  8. N

The RMS power handling on the Celestion is 1400 watts and the RMS power handling on the Dayton is 600 watts. The Celestion is also running circles around the Dayton in terms of BL and efficiency. I can only imagine the difference in Klippel results as well. There is no comparison to be made.
  9. N

Have you used Hornresp? It is the software I prefer to use for modeling because it gives you an efficiency graph that tells you how much output you get per watt at every frequency. Compare this woofer to the Eminence LAB12, LAB12C, B&C 12FG100. For the money the Celestion looks hard to beat...
  10. N

Is there a speaker more useful for me than the D&D 8C?

I don't want it to sound like I am trashing Dutch&Dutch. They are among the best speakers I have ever heard. It sounds like max SPL is an important consideration for OP, so I want to emphasize that they do not get very loud for their size. In terms of SPL they perform more like smaller speakers...
  11. N

Is there a speaker more useful for me than the D&D 8C?

I never compared them side by side when I owned them so I don't think I can't say that much on that front. Both sounded basically perfect to me.
Top Bottom