Recent content by Nebbermind

1. N

Crossover Component Recommendations

I thought it would be good to start off with the base crossover, without all the impedance correction network. Can always add in the LCR later as a separate board as it is across the drivers and easy to add on without disturbing the base crossover network
  2. N

理性派HiFi X5 Speaker Review

I think it meant it is only concerned (理) about sex (性) Jk
  3. N

Why Is My Speaker Imaging Rubbish?

Perhaps you should get a couple of stools and experiment. The evo has a downward firing port and is slotted on all sides. Pretty sure the sound from the port would be reflected on the massive tabletop and interact with the direct sound. The tabletop may also vibrate unnecessarily due the the...
  4. N

Neutral VS Coloured Amps

even cheap amps are flat from 20~20kHz these days. How do you define coloration?
  5. N

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

Just bought 2nos of brzhifi tpa3255 amps last week but not from aliexpress. SG$ 93.53 10%OFF | NEW Breeze BRZHIFI TPA3255 Bluetooth 5.0 high-power fever vertical digital power amplifier 300WX2 https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMZ01pp SG$ 121.50 5%OFF | BRZHIFI APTX Bluetooth 5.0 Power Amplifier...
  6. N

How much money do you have invested in this "hobby?"

Much much less than I did 25 yrs ago. These days I'm more interested in buying cheap chi-fi and start tweaking them... Trying my best to turn my Geely into a Ferrari... Furlali...
  7. N

Class D test amp noisy with Apple devices

I suspect the iPhone electronic was not designed to be able to drive the amp. So it may be pushing it to its limitations and caused the distortion
  8. N

Class D test amp noisy with Apple devices

And I thought that would bring us to the solution
  9. N

What can I do to minimize electromagnetic radiation from power amplifiers?

There must be a lot of invisible signals out there, esp if you live near some transmission towers, substations, 3/4/5G repeaters. If the interference is beyond the audible band, then you can filter it out. If within, nothing much you can do... Well, maybe living in isolation deep in the forest
  10. N

Crown XLS1002 Amplifier Teardown

Coz when it fails, it'll create jobs for a different group of people in the community. Or you can buy gen/ver3 of the same product
  11. N

What can I do to minimize electromagnetic radiation from power amplifiers?

Instead of guessing and worrying over some random thoughts, why not invest in some sort of spectrum analyzer and measure what is bothering you?
  12. N

New BRZHifi TPA3255 finished 2.1 amplifier - controls don't make sense!?

My guess too. Tone controls are for L/R channels. Sub control probably to change cutoff between 20~200hz. Vol = master Vol control for all spkr connections
  13. N

Why not eliminate the input buffer? (And a big thanks to March Audio!)

I think the amp module was designed such that a preamp is no longer necessary. Having a buffer in front simply allows one to add a pot and turns it into a integrated amp. Therefore if your connected source has very low output impedance and have no issue with the low impedance of the unbuffered...
  14. N

Review and Measurements of L20.5 Loudspeaker Amp

Do you mean the output transistors fried? Oh dear! There are 8nos. on each board, right?
Top Bottom