Recent content by Naturlig

1. N

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

:) Now it's playing. In ifi ZEN STREAM/config/output devices had to be set to miniDSP Flex DL from SPDIF (which probably is the default) and restart the ZEN box. I have not changed that setting previously, I have used ZEN STREAM for quite some time connected usb to several other DACs/Roon.
  2. N

Anyone tried the following or similar setup? ifi ZEN STREAM usb out => miniDSP Flex Digital usb in / miniDSP FLEX Digital TOSLINK out => Topping D70S DAC TOSLINK in / XLR out => power amp? I have, does not work. Have I missed something here? I cannot inspect how the Flex operates in the Device...
  3. N

The Roon Nucleus did not identify the DAC in the Flex (DL). I was able to enable it in settings/audio and select the device in Roon, but was not able to play any music. miniDSP support say the Flex DAC is "a standard UAC2 interface".
  4. N

Has anyone tried to connect a Roon Nucleus streamer via USB to the miniDSP Flex? Will the DAC in the Flex be identified by Roon?
  5. N

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Could be the case if you have a chassis design with short distance (a few mm) between the components. But I have seen that it is the rectifiers on the SMPS and the "230V side" that make the most noise.
  6. N

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I have built two Purify amps, one EVAL1 and one with the Neurochrome buffers, both with the Hypex SMPS1200A400 psu. In the amp with Neurochrome buffers I mounted the psu with the aluminium "wall" towards the 1ET400A components. Before the installation of Guardian-86 I turned the psu with the alu...
  7. N

Gustard X26Pro firmware release (F20 beta)

Updated to F20 fw. I have an Ifi ZEN Stream (based on Linux 4.4.167+) connected to USB and I use Roon endpoint. Show DSD 24.5 MHz in display when power on. Seem to be stable with various types of music formats EXCEPT for DSD64 and DSD128. The first time a track starts up I hear white noise some...
  8. N

Gustard X26Pro firmware release (F20 beta)

I have recently installed a X26 Pro (still F1.A fw). My comment to the sound quality: some stress and unclear in famale/male voices. The vivid filter is most used, later switched to gentle with better a result. Your tell us about the F2.0 beta fw: sound quality reviewed, can you comment more on...
  9. N

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I have a clearly POP or PIFF sound in the right speaker, in addition to the tick from the SMPS, and only the first time in the morning when I switch the amp on. The amp is more or less like the one in the picture in post #2240...
  10. N

DIY Purifi Amp builds

I believe a tiny tick comes from the SMPS when the relay kicks in just after pressing the power switch.
  11. N

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

What kind of PSU sits in the D30 Pro? Have not seen any inside picture?
  12. N

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Balanced from a preamp or from a DAC.
  13. N

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Differences: This is just what I hear. The «magic« is what comes out of the speakers? May be because it drives the amp module balanced and handles the input also balanced. To me the overall sound is also cleaner. I am not a technical expert.
  14. N

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Dimensions are covered in recent post. The yellow/green cable is the grounding, from ground IEC inlet to the bottom screw (black coating removed) and then to the SMP1200. The GX288 is compact, I like that, but be aware of the minimum 3 mm distance between each unit as commented earlier also. I...
Top Bottom