Recent content by MZKM

1. M

FX Audio DAC-M1 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Check the Review Index in the header.
  2. M

HTD Level THREE Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Sorry, but I can’t read that and not think of this James Franco SNL skit:
  3. M

Oh, he does trash some, but only ones that are really bad.
  4. M

It better be or they are lying, which seems silly.
  5. M

At least we can see that it at least should be flared. Also, this HTD is a transmission line, not just a simple port opening. @amirm , if you can get into the speaker (maybe screw off the terminal plate), a look inside the speaker to see the transmission line would be cool.
  6. M

This is the company’s description FYI: First heard about them from Zeos: I own an older gen model of the L3 (soft dome tweeter with no waveguide) and it and it’s matching center were my mains for my living room for years, they sounded fine with room correction. I now run I finish R263 &...
  7. M

It’s not a lie if they are meaning at 10kHz ;) But yeah, if everyone can do an averaged anechoic/groundplane measurement, that’d be great.
  8. M

Preference Rating SCORE: 0.2 SCORE w/ sub: 2.2 Sensitivity: 82.5dB (300Hz-3kHz ; spec: 88dB) Frequency response: +/- 8.8dB 80Hz-20kHz
  9. M

Grimani SPL rule of thumb

Yep, I haven’t updated my database since like February, but as of then the average difference has been -1.5dB, though some companies are more honest than others.
  10. M

Parasound 200 Pre Review (DAC, Preamp, Phono)

Agree with others, it‘s no diamond in the ruff but it’s not a golden turd either. $900 for a pre/DAC is too rich for my blood though.
  11. M

What are we listening to right now..

Yebba - My Mind I’m thankful and surprised that Drake gave her her own track on his new album (serves as an interlude of sorts as it’s 21 tracks).
  12. M

Ok, what about top three female rock vocalists?

Many people can sing, but if listeners can’t recognize your voice off the radio, you won’t make it. But yes, you have to have technical ability too.
  13. M

Ok, what about top three female rock vocalists?

You may know the song Barracuda:
  14. M

Could we all be wrong about SINAD?

If you aren’t playing them back at the same SPL, then you can’t have solid finding. Next critique would be how quick you can switch between both amps. Also, see Amir’s review of Audyssey, it strips your system of bass, you sadly need the $20 add and give it a target curve which has rising bass...
  15. M

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Well, at least the interior looks expensive.
Top Bottom