Recent content by Multicore

1. Multicore

Need Monitor Advice for a Challenging Small Room

Given that you primarily use headphones, what are the loudspeakers for?
  2. Multicore

Converting balanced TRS or XLR to RCA?

After being educated as above, I should mention that "it's fine" means fine for my purposes, with the implication that I meant to say that all along. ;)
  3. Multicore

Converting balanced TRS or XLR to RCA?

It's fine so long as you don't overdrive the downstream stage.
  4. Multicore

A new era begins: I finally upgraded to STEREO!

That's very useful feedback. Thanks. Can you, while using the Loupé, hold your position on the mics? I doubt I could. When I thought about plugging an acoustic into my looping rig I concluded I'd use the Fishman Rare Earth Mic Blend, for a number of practical and aesthetic reasons. But I...
  5. Multicore

A new era begins: I finally upgraded to STEREO!

I've had to attend to a lot of things besides music but yesterday finally made a new recording that I like musically enough to publish on youtube. X-Y pair angle is 50 to 60 degrees. About 8 inch away, slightly below the mid-line of the guitar pointing slightly up at roughly the neck joint. I...
  6. Multicore

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

Niù Abdominaux Dangereux
  7. Multicore

Peter Brötzmann died last year. We did a podcast episode about Einstürz about a year ago. Watching the film Halber Mench was very interesting from our perspective, knowing what an overt romantic Bargeld soon became.
  8. Multicore

Celebrity RIP Thread

I agree. I think philosophy is far too important to leave it to academics. For example. Or even in common sense. See above...
  9. Multicore

Celebrity RIP Thread

Same here.
  10. Multicore

How loud do you like your music?

I did a little test on Thursday. I remembered really liking the song Giorgio by Moroder from that big-selling Daft Punk album and put it on. (Moroder's a superhero, perhaps the single most important influence on me starting about age 12.) So I put it on. I liked it enough to play it over at a...
  11. Multicore

Not a specific band but when I was a student I was into avant garde rock (e.g. Beefheart), jazz (e.g. Derek Bailey) and concert music (e.g. Xenakis). All the cool cats in London those days were listening to dub reggae. I didn't get it. It seemed just boring to me. I don't recall when or how that...
  12. Multicore

Where does quantization noise come from.

The question as asked in the thread title is interesting. Quantization residuals are fairly straightforward to explain. But why do we call a sequence of them "noise"? and where did that signal come from? If I know your quantization scheme I can arrange an input signal so that one string quartet...
  13. Multicore

About design philosophy _ are minimalists right or not ?

I would need to be at least somewhat expert in that specific field of design to comment but it's very remote from my field.
  14. Multicore

About design philosophy _ are minimalists right or not ?

I think the less is more ethos can be attractive depending on the context, for example when I, a contrarian, am feeling oppressed by the more is more consumer ethos, which is not exactly uncommon in audio. But I don't think it is a very useful engineering concept. It's too simplistic. A good...
Top Bottom