Recent content by Mulder

1. Mulder

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

I bought a second Wiim Pro Plus today to feed my headphone amp.
  2. Mulder

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Sure. But then why bring it to this table?
  3. Mulder

RME DPS-2 Linear Power Supply

What is this Power Supply supposed to improve? In their DAC ADI-2 forum they have always dismissed the idea that a better linear Power Supply can improve anything.
  4. Mulder

Where does quantization noise come from.

Understanding quantization error as such is not very difficult I think, and many have explained it in this thread. But one question I had a hard time understanding once in a while, and as I think many others find it difficult to understand intuitively - is why the reconstructed signal at all...
  5. Mulder

Mofi StudioPhono Stage Review

Mofi was heavily criticized a few years ago when it emerged that their audiophile vinyl reissues were digitally mastered. They even got sued. Now they apparently also has a phono-stage that does not live up to TOTL. How much faith should one really place in Mofi as an audiophile prestige label...
  6. Mulder

You are completely missing my point. The stair step curve is in some places incorrectly described as a graphically correct image of the actual sound curve. So my post is not about the step curve per se, but about what it is falsely claimed to represent.
  7. Mulder

Qquantization noise is hard to understand intuitively, but a very good question, because it has often been portrayed in the HiFi world that quantization gives rise to a choppy stair step curve, which is much less perfect than the smooth precise analog audio curve. The problem with this is that...
  8. Mulder

About design philosophy _ are minimalists right or not ?

The simplicity of those Zen amps stands in stark contrast to the price tag. The comparatively very complex class D amplifiers are, paradoxically, usually much cheaper.
  9. Mulder

About design philosophy _ are minimalists right or not ?

I once took a test and I had a very hard time to identify any distortion less than 0.5 %. But I don´t remember if it was THD only. At what level will IMD reach hearing threshold?
  10. Mulder

Is Hypex reliable? That is the question!

A well-known and reputable mastering-engineer explained recently (not on ASR) that he is now abandoning Hypex nCore in his studio because they keep breaking. In his case it was usually the SMPS from Hypex that had broken, but also in some cases the amplifier module itself. If I don´t remember...
  11. Mulder

Cayin Mini-CD MKII CD Player Review

I would not say you get a winner. For someone looking for a CD player as a transport only, for the feeding of a separate external DAC, I would avoid this particular CD player. Notice what @amirm wrote in the review: "I am pretty sure the Cayin's digital output is NOT bit exact!!! It is literally...
  12. Mulder

Master thread on building an affordable and high performing audio analyzer utilizing the E1DA Cosmos ADCiso (crowd sourced)

Yes, I know about this site. My point is that if the goal of the first post in this thread is to summarize how to utilize the E1DA Cosmos, like a HOWTO, then I think it has to contain information about how to measure power-amps. OP have to consider if it also ought to have a collection of links.
  13. Mulder

Master thread on building an affordable and high performing audio analyzer utilizing the E1DA Cosmos ADCiso (crowd sourced)

I have two questions that would be great if they where covered here. 1. What is the consequences and limitations of the impedance/voltage settings. 2. How to measure power-amplifiers? Do this require a dummy load and in that case, how to build and connect it?
  14. Mulder

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

Well, maybe the father of economics, or more correctly - political economy - but hardly the father of markets. Markets existed long before Smith.
  15. Mulder

Weiss DAC501 Streamer and DAC Review

Who is the FATHER of market economy? Well, yes, but therefore it is common to try to manipulate peoples or customers perceived value. There is an excess of manipulation in the HiFi market. Generally, HiFi products are constantly marketed with a lot of misleading and false information in order...
Top Bottom