Recent content by muad

1. M

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

That is a great deal! But not worth switching at your listening distance. The ls50m has exceptional directivity and is near perfect (other than a small crossover dip) if you don't need high SPL.
  2. M

The etymology of woofer and tweeter

I guess Boomer is already taken ;)
  3. M

Erin's KEF Blade 2 Meta review.

Maybe you need a PA speaker?
  4. M

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

The natural is what I had. It's beautiful and looks better in real life than the pictures on the Internet. Really wish I liked the LX more than I did.
  5. M

Ascend Acoustics Sierra LX Review

Lol I tried this when the LX was first released. Dave was not impressed (understandably so) and I was denied shipping to anything other than my address...
  6. M

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

They did fix it, it just needs to be pushed in. When I had the R3, when you lined up the mid driver with the shadow flare the shadow flare would sit deeper than the front baffle itself, creating a circumferential ridge. On the R3M, when pushed in (after shipping movement), the flare lines up...
  7. M

KEF LS50 +KC62 versus LS60

I was asking as a curiosity, just wanted to know how close the ls50m with subs gets to the ls60. I will never buy an expensive speaker with built in electronics... Especially from KEF.
  8. M

KEF LS50 +KC62 versus LS60

Was that with the ls50 and sub crossed over?
  9. M

Alternative perspective on the Harman loudspeaker preference curve.

The "harman curve" is a headphone target. The curve these guys are discussing were the preferred in room speaker response in a specific study. It used a very linear speaker with good dispersion to get
  10. M

The quest for my hyper speaker - Very Large room dilemma

I'm a bit late to this thread. But if you're looking for help with setup, room acoustics and dsp, contact mitchco on this forum (Google him). He lives just up the sunshine coast (sechelt?) and may be the person you want to chat with regarding installation and your setup.
  11. M

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Anyone know if they're planning on implementing volume normalization for Spotify connect?
  12. M

Yeah he did an amazing job with the low end. It's kinda ridiculous how big it sounds. I can't help but wonder how the LXs would do with revels shallow waveguide and the titan tweeter, mated to that woofer. Probably a great balance of the tradeoffs between a completely flat baffle tweeter and a...
  13. M

Pretty sure that's a worst case setup lol. It's right next to the wall. In all fairness, they should be compared in the same space. This is gonna mess with the holographic imaging the KEFs are known for. The meta can't compete with the bass slam. They have an extended bass shelf, and the r...
  14. M

I don't think he does. He routinely complains that their dispersion isn't wide enough. So he raves about how well they measure and image but never explicitly says he likes them (other than the mofi8 and kef ref1 meta). I think he appreciates the design and engineering, and nerds out about them...
  15. M

I would attribute it to reflections for sure. I think a three way concentric with a well designed crossover (hard to do) just does a better job creating a seamless transition through the crossover region where human perception is extremely sensitive. Although the original R3 was fatiguing and...
Top Bottom