Recent content by mslim

1. M

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Just out of interest, Nilai means "value" in Malaysia (Also the name of a City but not where the factory is located). Hypex's factory is in Malaysia..... (But all are exported and it is impossible to source Hypex products locally....). Sorry. Totally off topic...
  2. M

New Rode NTH-100 headphones.

Patiently awaiting for Amir to test this model before deciding.
  3. M

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

This is the SMSL equivalent of the Topping EX5 but is $100 more. What is the $100 getting?
  4. M

Topping MX5, A new device?

Yes. I wonder about that too
  5. M

Topping MX5, A new device?

I guess this one is a desktop targeted device for people with passive nearfield speakers as well as headphones who want an AIO unit.
  6. M

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

The Black Topping D-01 thing inside the PA5 is the secret sauce? So that no one can "reverse engineer" the secret? Very small part......
  7. M

New measurements for Beyerdynamic 700 and 900 Pro X

https://www.headphonecheck.com/how-we-test/ The general impression of the frequency-response curve is not "Harman". Can't wait for Amir's test.
  8. M

New measurements for Beyerdynamic 700 and 900 Pro X

Google is your friend https://www.headphonecheck.com/test/beyerdynamic-dt-700-pro-x/ https://www.headphonecheck.com/test/beyerdynamic-dt-900-pro-x/ Got measurements but using a different system. Close enough. Doesn't look good. Their Tygr 300R was closest to Harman's curve and was well...
  9. M

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Please note the software upgradability of this model vs SU-9.
  10. M

SMSL model with those OLED screens.....is there an option to turn them off until "touched" or volume changed etc? Those reviewer never made this clear......
  11. M

"n" = "No" MQA? I often wonder about the growth and economy of scale also as SMSL product line-ups overstep each other more so than Toppings. Is the remote controller capacitive touch type? Not sure if it actually looks like that or they just superimposed a diagram over a photo on their...
  12. M

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

DX7 pro is already using the ESS chip, which is the reason for topping’s recent model revisions following AKM fire.
  13. M

New Topping PA3s offering on the corner?

Topping seems to have the most honest disclosures of performance characteristics on the product marketing spiel. Do we have John Yang to thank for this? :-)
  14. M

Resolving Measurement Issues with SONCOZ SGD1 DAC

1. I think in the future, it may not be a good idea to test prototypes or unreleased units that are still undergoing modifications. It will not be representative. At least need to state in bold they're prototypes. But I just think it is a bad idea to test prototypes in amongst released models...
Top Bottom