Recent content by mpm

1. M

"Apple Homepod: a Speaker to Reinvent Home Music"

It will happen. I am just thrilled to never require a subwoofer, and only one wire per loudspeaker, to the mains. I do hope they allow manual EQ, because we all know that recordings are all over the map, and that we all have our tastes, too. Nothing Apple can do about either. So, let us muck it...
  2. M

Conspiracies everywhere you look. If you think Apple is lying about that, you can cut Siri with a voice command. If you want to imagine that Apple would run risk in this regard, carry on.
  3. M

Apple doesn't snoop, and they never will. This is widely known. I took weeks to evaluate JBL 305s vs HomePod, the Pod placed on top of one 305 playing in mono. Empirical evaluation only, but reasonably level-matched. The 305s are in the closet.
  4. M

Apple Homepod in-room measurement

Other random thoughts ... 1. Apple needs to ensure EQ capability continues. And maybe expand the iOS capability to include the sliders in iTunes in macOS. People at different ages have different needs. And many recordings are bass-heavy behemoths, don't we know. Nothing anyone can do about...
  5. M

Apple Homepod in-room measurement

First, I generally agree with Phelonious' assessment. And I too have JBL LSR305s. I put stereo > mono on my Mac, and used only one 305 to compare to the Pod. I think that brings them closer to equal regarding the mids and highs. Not sure though ... which means, I guess, that at least they're...
  6. M

Try: Sting > Brand New Day > A Thousand Years. Tell the little love bird to do it 100%. She might be flat to around 40Hz, according to those who've measured her, but she doesn't stop there.
  7. M

I've owned a lotta loudspeakers over the decades, and done all the research I could muster, and still maintain my day job. After three days of near constant listening ... the HomePod is really something. Weird thing: expectation bias: tiny little football, it can't be doing this. ? Might build a...
Top Bottom