Recent content by MonolithGuy

1. M

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

We are hard at work on a firmware upgrade to the HTP-1. There will be an upgrade to DTS: X Pro, and in Q4 an upgrade to Dirac active Room Treatment (ART).
  2. M

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

The current units in our warehouse do not have the fix applied yet. They will in the very near future. We are working the logistics of this out. Here is a picture with the "fix" installed. As you can see, it's a pretty simple fix
  3. M

Monoprice DAC & Amp Dongle Review

Thanks for measuring this! This definitely doesn't perform up to the standard Monolith has set, and I will be discontinuing the product (and going back to the factory to raise some hell). The strange thing is the design we used was provided by ESS. Amir, you have had my email for years and can...
  4. M

Thanks @GXAlan! I would love to do an "ask me anything" interview. I'd be totally open to it. Monolith came about because high end audio was a hobby of mine. I came up with the name Monolith, developed all the manufacturing/engineering relationships, I write all the content, designed the...
  5. M

No, nothing set in motion on the lower channel amplifiers....yet.
  6. M

We dont carry a 3 channel class D amplifier. This only affects the Class-D amps, not the traditional Class AB amplifiers.
  7. M

We found the issue. The M8125/M8250 was designed to be driven by a balanced input signal, and no provision was made for an unbalanced input. Certain cables and adapters used to connect between unbalanced (RCA) sources and the M8125/M8250 can result in a low level buzz in even numbered...
  8. M

I appreciate @Mistar Muffin for sending me an email and bringing this to my attention! We are investigating and will resolve it.
  9. M

Monoprice THX-365C Center Channel Speaker Review (by Erin)

It's a custom product as most Monolith products are of a ground up engineering and design. FWIW, Designed by Dan Roemer, Claridy Audio and myself... built in the same factory as the Monolith subwoofers & Perlisten. All the good stuff is probably Dan, all the bad stuff is probably me. ;)...
  10. M

[owner's thread] Monoprice Monolith THX AAA 887 headphone amp

No manual. It's so straightforward I didn't think it needed one.
  11. M

Monoprice Encore B6 Bookshelf Review (by Erin)

@gmoney One never knows what we will do...or what I will do. ;)
  12. M

Subwoofer Comparison

These wont get any cheaper as the days go on either!
  13. M

Subwoofer Comparison

We are. Piano black of the 10, 12, and 15 V2 are on the way!
  14. M

Subwoofer Comparison

We did measure more output across the frequency range of around 0.7db to 1.2db on the V2 subs versus the V1 subs. However, I felt this is within the variance of measuring on different equipment on different days, so I posted the measurements for the V1 subwoofers as to not overpromise anything...
  15. M

Subwoofer Comparison

It was all about demand. The sealed just didn't sell in enough numbers to keep around. I assume it's because you can make our ported subwoofers sealed by using the port plugs, and no one really cared enough that the sealed subwoofers were smaller.
Top Bottom