Recent content by MOCKBA

1. M

Review and Measurements of Holo Audio May --- Probably the best discrete R2R DAC

Indeed, it looks very impressive, and no questions about design. Here is a nice video : The price point is also very fear. What will be a headphone amplifier to it?
  2. M

wich stack ? topping (D30pro+A30pro) , smsl (sh-9 + su-9) or ?

Both are DAC+Amplifier, one is Audio GD to be more specific with 10! years warranty, second is no name device for same purpose. Audi GD just started losing sound and now only do some static noise. Regarding second device, it looks like a power supply died, it doesn't turn on . I could be more...
  3. M

My post isn't trolling, but based on my experience. I have two Chinese made units stopped working after 2 and 5 years. As a professional electronic engineer, I can assure, they had a good idea behind, but execution is awful. So, no more Chinese units for me.
  4. M

LEAF Dac Dual 9038Q2M VS Gustard X16 ! Pictures inside )

I could be the pig, but $62 shipping kills the deal.
  5. M

If your Schiit products (I hope you know what "Schiit" means) died during a year, you can replace them by a warranty without a problem. Chinese products have much worse reliability and actually poor designed. It keeps me away from topping and other vendors from that region.
  6. M

Digital vs Vinyl

Absolutely right, and a digital format is superior for that. Since an old analog mastering is lacking in many areas, some people like it, and I like it too.
  7. M

Music is dead.

What isn't dead? Opera, ballet, poetry, books, TVs, cars... This is an endless list and everything is dead. Even computers are dead now. So question is, what is still alive? A space travel so far . So do not feel bad and enjoy timeless masterpieces.
  8. M

xDuoo XA-10 Review (DAC and Headphone Amp)

It is hard to conclude what is wrong with measurements without seeing a schematic. For example, if it doesn't have a deep negative feedback, it will show bad numbers, but sound better than a perfectly measured counterpart with a nested feedback .
  9. M

Music is dead.

Music ended with beginning 90' last century. It is known fact. It makes only more valuable ripping vinyl. Problem can be related that all valuable notes combinations already discovered.
  10. M

At What Point Does A Lower Bitrate/Sampling Frequency Or Higher Digital Compression Become Audible To You?

It was a site around a decade ago demonstrating an advantage of DSD format. First, you can download and listen to 320KHz MP3. Wow, not bad. Then you could listen to 16/44.1. Hmm, better. 24/96, 24/192, DSD 64, DSD 128, and finally DSD 256. You were wondering is it possible DSD 256 sounds even...
  11. M

Anyone find it far more rewarding listening to real physical CDs on a CD player, rather than using FLACs? And why do you find this?

I noticed that many members store CD collection in FLAC or ALAC. I would like vote for wavpack. Why? Compression rate is better, so you save some space. You can store PCM or DSD. 32bit up to 384 or DSD 512 are supported. ISO container allow to store in one file music, images, PDF, and so on.
  12. M

Anyone find it far more rewarding listening to real physical CDs on a CD player, rather than using FLACs? And why do you find this?

Darko has a good video why he prefers CDs. Actually, I am old fashioned and prefer them too. Young people like digital money as bitcoin, but old fashioned like $100 bills.
  13. M

Audiophile Music Must Haves?

I use Patricia Barber SACD recording for different testing tasks.
  14. M

Strange effects in Denon AVR-X4700

Thanks for the good explanation.
  15. M

16-bit... It really is enough!

18 bit is enough for a real life. Increase it to 20 to be safe. Simply 24 is 3 even bytes. Generally DACs from Schiit designed on this assumption. Everything above is just fooling a consumer and push him/her to pay more.
Top Bottom