Recent content by MJgooner

1. MJgooner

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Yeah, this is what im talking about. You're getting plenty of volume at 1:00 on low gain and I can crank it all the way up on high gain on some tracks. can this be right? The EQ gain is -6.4 dB, nothing crazy?
  2. MJgooner

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

I recently got some hd6xx headphones and I'm using an Atom Amp+ as my amplifier. I was originally content listening to music straight from the 3.5 jack on my motherboard (after EQing), but thought I could improve things with the Apple dongle dac. I believe it sounds better, but now I have to...
  3. MJgooner

Topping E30 DAC Review

Okay, so I need to get a receiver that doesn't redigitize analog to do bass management. How can I know which amps do that and which don't? Also, my SR7000 has a "source direct" mode wherein the tone control circuitry and bass management are bypassed. Would putting the receiver in this mode...
  4. MJgooner

Topping E30 DAC Review

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm trying to follow along. Basically the E30 wont work for systems with a subwoofer, and I need to look for DACs that do? Or have I misunderstood?
  5. MJgooner

Topping E30 DAC Review

I'm considering the E30, but I've never owned a standalone DAC and want to make sure I know how to implement it. I've currently got a Linux PC that serves as my media center (flac library, Netflix, etc.) hooked up to a Marantz SR7000 via spdif, powering a 2.1 system. I would basically power...
Top Bottom