Recent content by mirekti

1. mirekti

Technics SU-G700

I did buy it, but don’t have any measurments. Paired it with JBL Classic 100. My other system is Vinnie Rossi LIO with Harbeth P3s so really two different systems. All in all, I like it. It seems much better than Rotel A-14 I was using with JBLs before. I have Volume Attenuator (-20dB) set to...
  2. mirekti

Do USB Audio Cables Make A Difference?

I bought myself this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003MQ29B2?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1 Best cable ever, the prevoius one was 3ft long and could’t reach the DAC from my PC. It made my listening sessions’s day and night difference.
  3. mirekti

JBL L100 Reissue - $4000

LoL I agree, that statement of mine made no sense at all, wanted to emphasise it was more significant to my listening experience than Harbeth’s midrange, I guess the excitement took over. Bear in mind I listened to P3s in extreme near field, something like 1m triangle so the low frequency bass...
  4. mirekti

JBL L100 Reissue - $4000

LoL I agree, that statement of mine made no sense at all, wanted to emphasise it was more significant to my listening experience than Harbeth’s “glorious” midrange, I guess the excitement took over. Bear in mind I listened to P3s in extreme near field, something like 1m triangle so the low...
  5. mirekti

JBL L100 Reissue - $4000

I went for a listening session the other day. The pair I listened to had two, three minor scratches on the veneer. One really needs to get close and look for them. Anyhow, I was offered that pair with the stands for $3049. I was acutally ready to pay $4300 plus tax so I went out of the store...
  6. mirekti

Technics SU-G700

Has anyone perhaps had a chance to listen to this amp? It is high on my whish list.
  7. mirekti

Bought my AXPONA 2018 tickets

Any of the suggested sounds good as well. Thanks.
  8. mirekti

Bought my AXPONA 2018 tickets

Amir, could you spend some time in Vinnie Rossi’s room, please? I’d like to hear your comments on his DAC 2.0 Thanks a million!!!
  9. mirekti

HQPlayer does not work (resolved, now some results)

I guess the main advantage (if there's any) is upsampling to DAC's max sample rate to avoid DAC's upsampling i.e. using a PC for filtering instead of DAC. Regarding DSD512 issues, it is very CPU demanding, maybe this caused... This is what I've found: http://www.signalyst.com/upsampling.html
  10. mirekti

Has it arrived yet? Any time spent using it with HQPlayer?
  11. mirekti

Thank you all for the results, I wish I was able to contribute!!! One other thing comes to my mind, but I am not sure if this makes any sense from the measurement's perspective. On CA forum many claim all the 'magic' occurs when the signal is upsampled to DSD512 not PCM, and then certain...
  12. mirekti

Many claim DSD512 is where the magic happens. If I understood correctly, such high upsampling rate serves to help out the math behind the filters used. There is also a Modulator specific for 512 AMSDM512+fs. Everyone has his own preference, but from what I've read many like poly-sinc-short-mp...
  13. mirekti

2017 LA Audio Show Wish List

I have only now seen your reply. :( Ah, never mind, was wondering how that open baffle bass worked. Also, guided compression driver has open back so I wondered how it all worked out in general, as a system. Thanks for the offer, though. Great cover and photos on Day 1 and Day 2 threads!!!
  14. mirekti

2017 LA Audio Show Wish List

I saw it, thanks. Not much written about it, though. ;)
Top Bottom