Recent content by Mile

1. M

Does EQing Headphones veil the sound?

I play around with Sonarworks Headphone Edition and SoundID and Peace. The tonal balance is better with all of them, but the sound is veiled with all three programs. The sound is also noticeably quieter. With all three, I miss a certain clarity and "punch" that I really like in my DT880. I...
  2. M

Headphone amplifiers and high impedance headphones

The Lake People 109 would be an option. The downside is that you can only change the gain via jumpers. Who wants to constantly open the housing to adjust the gain?
  3. M

Replacment earpads ATH-MSR7

Something mundane for a change. The ear pads of my ATH-MSR7 are peeling extremely. The original replacement ear pads are supposed to cost 50 o_O euros and will after a while probably peel extremely again. Are there any aftermarket pads that are recommendable and do not degrade the sound?
  4. M

Just out of curiosity, give an 'example.
  5. M

I was looking at this table from NwAvGuy all the time and I guess I got confused. Somehow I got the 97 from the NwAVGuy table. https://nwavguy.blogspot.com/search?q=more+power+ No unit ist given, but it is very likely the 96db/V.
  6. M

It is certainly not the same. But peak levels can also damage hearing. What is the difference between a peak level in music and a gunshot? How shooting a gun can affect your hearing
  7. M

So the Atom would work.... Do not torture me. :D I would be happy to hear your recommendations beside the Atom.
  8. M

The right gain steps for a good headphone amp

Thank you for your time. The Lake Peoples have a negative gain. How does that come? Woud 2,5x Gain be sufficent for a 600 Ohms DT880? I don't solder. I just want to buy and listen. :D
  9. M

I need help from the knowledgeable people here. If I want to drive a high impedance headphone, e.g. DT880 600 Ohm, what output power should my headphone amplifier have? The DT880 600 Ohms has a sensitivity of 97db. According to this chart you would need 63 mW to drive the 880 with 600 Ohms...
  10. M

Hifiman Sundara vs Ananda

I called my retailer after I asked here. You should not rely on the statements of retailers alone. As a customer, it is always better to be informed before talking to the retailer. I know what I am talking about, I used to be a retailer myself. ;)
  11. M

I called my retailer. They only have the revised version on sale. I bought one. Coming later this week. Toys for the Christmas holidays are secured. :D THX.
  12. M

I was just about to buy a Sundara. How can I recognize the newer version of Sundara?
  13. M

The right gain steps for a good headphone amp

Recently I was reading this very insightful article. Study: Headphone Amp Gains: Low or High? More or less at the same time I came accidentally across an interview with Friedl Reim on YouTube where he states that the market for headphones has dramatically shifted towards headphones with low...
  14. M

Headphones on the marktet matched to the Harman Target Curve

Is there a graphic somewhere on which the different target curves are compared? I would like to compare Harman Target and Diffusfield etc. to get a feeling for how they differ.
Top Bottom