Recent content by Mikett

1. M

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

The Plus appears to be the perfect addon for my MiniDSP Flex 8. The MiniDSP Flex8 was missing an analog input. I can use this streamer and use the ADC after my phono preamp. Perfect compact solution.
  2. M

Classic Audio MC Pro Phonostage Review

Let's swap in some LM4562s and retest! They look like NE5532s in there. Is there any difference with OP Amp rolling?
  3. M

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

For 1.88 and 1.87 firmware differences. 1.87 fixed the optical stuttering from TVs for me 1.88 brings the stuttering back. I immediately returned to 1.87. Why can't Topping get it right?
  4. M

I also did not see a changelog on their site and one reason I am hesitant to proceed. So far everything I want on the device works for me. Check your PM
  5. M

Just received 1.88 from Topping. Not sure if I want to update to the latest.
  6. M

I also updated (1.87) for the ability to resolve the TOSLINK output from my TV. I've listened daily for nearly a year to the D90SE with the Benchmark LA4 , AHB2 with some Polk LSIM 707 and in my room. I measured with REW and get a nice house curve with pretty smooth response without any DSP or...
  7. M

Using ASIO with Amazon HD ... a partial solution?

Further testing with Foobar indicates Foobar can fully control the sample rate with any DAC. However Groove Music by Microsoft themselves have a similar behavior to Amazon Music HD . Maybe there is a library of functions that both Amazon and Groove is using which is unable to control the WASAPI...
  8. M

Using ASIO with Amazon HD ... a partial solution?

Well I have played with this aspect on two different DACS which most people have not been able to and with both those DACS the behavior is different. On the TOPPING D90SE with USB, the DAC will autoswitch to match the track quality offered by Amazon. I might add that most of the tracks I...
  9. M

Thanks for this tip. I updated the hardware drivers as well as the BIOS. This appears to have solved the droput issue. I generally do not update unless it is causing an issue and since this MB is only about two years old or so and had been working fine I did not bother. It is a HTPC so is...
  10. M

OK about the MQA part, I figured out what is happening but this does not mean what is happening is correct or incorrect. I simply do not know. So let me explain what is happening now. In Kandace Springs "The Women Who Raised Me". Everything works to plan. When all the appropriate settings are...
  11. M

Further developments about USB issues. All done on Windows PC using fairly recent Asus MB with a Ryzen processor. I tried three cables and the last one a very short USB cable from a portable USB HDD helped a lot but the dropouts still remained. So I reconfigured the USB outlets and found one...
  12. M

I continue to have dropouts with the Topping D90SE. I see a similar issue that is being experienced by others. I searched through the posts and I do not see John Yang responding when this issue surfaces by others, is this endemic to certain units or all units in certain cases? I contacted the...
  13. M

So I received a D90SE and within 10 minutes and throughout the day, I keep getting random dropouts in the signal as I listen. I use a Windows 10 PC with a Ryzen 3200G processor on an Asus MB. I also downloaded the latest driver. Did anybody solve the dropout problem as some have reported? I am...
Top Bottom