Recent content by Mike4242

1. M

Xiang Sheng 05B

Hi can anybody help. I have a Xiang Sheng 05B DAC. I use this with the latest version of Volumio ( Dec 2022) and a Raspberry Pi4. I have recently downloaded some free DSD files (64) from Native DSD these play perfectly on my Beresford Caimen Seg DAC via USB ( Audioquest Coffee USB) on my Pi ...
  2. M

Beresford Caiman SEG Review (Stereo DAC)

What does saying one thing but doing another mean though and who does this mean in this context ? Are you saying if you value measurements above all else (low distortion /neutrality ) then you essentially listen with your eyes . If you value music as a listening experience you use a different...
  3. M

Slightly confused by this comment . Are are just trying to say measurements must tell the whole story with regard to DAC. So if DAC measures well and you don’t like the sound it makes then by definition you don’t like a transparent sound ( transparent seems to be being given a qualitative...
  4. M

I can’t answer your question but it has prompted me to look at what this upgrade costs and when it came out can’t immediately see that info. If you have this done let me know how it sounds. Really keen to hear BCS v. Topping D30 or higher model . Might even try to ship my decent Crofts along for...
  5. M

Hi I am also a Seg owner and am going to take my Seg to a venue in Stourbridge in May to blind test listen against a Topping I hope if one appears of similar £250 price. I like the sound of my Seg ( Choosen after listening audition v a Rega and an Audiolab Q DAC) in my system . I will not be...
  6. M

Actually the Proacs and Sugdens do sound pretty good never heard them together though and as for Wolfson DAC did sound ok to me but sure better now. Synergy is an interesting idea , my friends Naim power amp sounds pretty naff yet tame it with Harbeth speaker and it becomes listenable for...
  7. M

Pretty basic ones , upgraded phono stage Micro 25 and upgraded power output Series 7 . So better than phono integrated but not up to the R variants . I have just skim read the reviews doesn’t this help my arguement sounds good for the money measures not so good although I did skim to be fair...
  8. M

I have no idea what you are trying to say unless Not OT means to expensive to listen ? But maybe the confusion is I will often go and buy 2nd hand and take my own amps or listen in my own system. If a person does not want me to listen I dont buy I would rather not make mistakes. I rarely buy...
  9. M

Ha Ha you made me smile at least you sound so much like that Rega dealer all those years ago can’t resist sneaking in a barbed comment. He told me I wasn’t listening properly when I could not hear the Rega was clearly better ( my partner agreed with my assessment to) My system is a reasonable...
  10. M

Yep that makes perfect sense to me
  11. M

Not quite sure how to take that comment lol. You sound like the Rega dealer who ultimately went bust although not just as a result of my lost sale .
  12. M

Amir your site provides a good service. I have only recently discovered it but to make a comment like it only makes sense if you know how to audition the sound worries me a bit as listening is a subjective experience . I come from the group that always auditions in my own system before I buy. I...
  13. M

Is “it sounds better to my ears in my system” something that you should try to educate people out off. I guess the difficulty revolves around how much we decide to compare before we buy. Too much and we forget what the first few sounded like anyway to little and we miss opportunities i maybe...
  14. M

Maybe sound signature was not the correct term , not all things that measure well sound great (some class D amps? ) and conversely some that don’t measure so well sound fine ( some valve products). I am not sure about the global footprint connected with the arguement about buy it to try it and...
Top Bottom