Recent content by MIchi

1. M

Amp and Sub Recommendation - Revel F208

I did end up going with a pair of the M106s. I've got a 35 foot distance to run wire, I will just call it 40 feet so there is some room to play on the wire around a couple of bends. Most likely going with Canare 4S11 for the wires. It was nice to see Amir's comments with his 12 ga speaker wire...
  2. M

No M106 or M105 for rear speakers or even the S206 surround, go big or go home with another pair of F208s or F206s?
  3. M

They score a bit better from what I've found with Amir's reviews of both speakers. I'm debating what would be best for a nice higher powered amp or amps, what will sound best for 5.1 music that I have along with quad audio between the two.
  4. M

The M106s would be overkill for the rear speakers, but.....
  5. M

Looks like the Performa 3's went on sale for 30% off from what I am seeing at Crutchfield as of end October. Probably as good a time as any to get rear speakers now.
  6. M

The big old amps look impressive, don't they? I'm curious to see what happens with Parasound now that they have a new owner. They seem to be going back to the dealer model for selling their products. When they pulled out of Crutchfield I missed out on some outstanding sale prices as I found out...
  7. M

Most helpful, Tusken. I listen to a lot of music and have a decent selection multichannel and some quad formats.
  8. M

Price would be more reasonable for the M16 as it is half that of the M106.
  9. M

Ha! Did you also get the gaze of disapproval when she raised her voice? That G25 would probably be too much for my room with the F208s and one of those is about the price of two G22s, but maybe I could rationalize it as something for a future place? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  10. M

@DMill ...and they make a G25? Wow.
  11. M

Just a thought with my morning coffee here. Does anyone on the site have the Revel S206 surround speakers for rear channels? I've seen hardly anything about them and a lot more about the M106 being used for surround.
  12. M

Hi Steven! I like Yamaha products. My last two AVRs have been Yamaha, but for amplification for the Revels, the Purify amps have my attention right now as an upgrade.
  13. M

Thanks, Laser! I was running this from memory, but used the guide to help make the decision to purchase the F208s. Still need to figure out the sub, looking @ the Rythmik G22, but it's hard to pull the trigger on something you can't listen to.
  14. M

I think the F208s are 87-88 dB. Your F228's are a bit easier to drive.
Top Bottom