Recent content by mgbpuff

1. mgbpuff

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

I noticed that you have not received any help on this issue. Searching the internet for the Rotel unit, I found this " WEAKNESS: balanced, but not truly balanced. I have run the balanced mode and found the sound less palpable than running single ended. The open sound I expected was not as...
  2. mgbpuff

Douk VU3 VU Meter Review (Updated Version)

Why another review? You reviewed this September 24. 2021.
  3. mgbpuff

O.K. I get it! You're being sarcastic (/s). Good for you! /s
  4. mgbpuff

I was talking about overhead in terms of dynamic range or headroom.
  5. mgbpuff

You don't seem to understand the word "standard", nor do you seem to want proper overhead for music, which the "old" standard provides.
  6. mgbpuff

That may be true, but standards are standards, and .316v is the consumer 0db standard voltage and 1.228v is the pro standard. If you have greater input / output capabilities, then just adjust to your liking given your particular equipment.
  7. mgbpuff

I have JBL 305p MkII professional powered speakers. I set the input sensitivity of them to -10dbv and the volume knob at mid. This gives good results. (DM7 is at default 4v, connector is TRS to TRS)
  8. mgbpuff

Line levels and their approximate nominal voltage levels Use Nominal level Nominal level, VRMS Peak amplitude, VPK Peak-to-peak amplitude, VPP Professional audio +4 dBu 1.228 1.736 3.472 Consumer audio −10 dBV 0.316 0.447 0.894
  9. mgbpuff

Yep. Tried it. Mappings seems to work on PCM. Don't know about pure DSD because all I can get is noise.
  10. mgbpuff

My pc is a small desk size and does not have card bus structure, so that is out for me. I have now changed the USB cable three times with no improvements. I think the first cable change that seemed to work was more due to unplugging and replugging the cable back in than the cable itself. I...
  11. mgbpuff

My problem is my computer which is not dedicated to music playing alone and apparently is taxed in performing its job. I had a Foobar learning period to go through and that diverted attention away from the thread, which is about the DM7. Although I thank all those who have helped, I apologize...
  12. mgbpuff

Much smaller buffer. My ram is 8GB
  13. mgbpuff

O.K. my foobar / DM7 setup seems to be functioning well except there is a random blurp that comes through when playing DSD or when setting idle with the DSD mode still in force. This does not happen when the DM7 is in PCM mode, playing or idle. It's as if some random noise is building up in a...
  14. mgbpuff

Per Sokel's suggestion I got behind the rack and replaced the USB cable. SUCCESS! Playing DSD128 5ch. now. Thanks all!
Top Bottom