Recent content by mewzik

1. mewzik

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Hi Florence. I can't really give fulfilling words to "what sounded better". I can say things like "thinner" or "more brittle" or "closer" perhaps. As a quantitatively minded person, on this forum in particular, that is not satisfactory I realise.
  2. mewzik

I am leaning towards; get the RME ADI-2 (as replacement for iFi micro black label) for my home setup. Use it as both amp+DAC to start. If I feel like the amp needs 'more' for some reason, go for another amp. Maybe by the the new Neve will be out by that time anyhow! I feel like the difference...
  3. mewzik

I get the (perhaps incorrect) impression that many people are using the RME ADI-2 DAC as a DAC, not both the DAC & amp. How many of you are using as a DAC and how many owners are using as both DAC & amp? Tx!
  4. mewzik

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I have an Atom, used in one of my 2 desk setups. 2 questions: 1) For my 2nd desktop setup, for the sake of not having 2x the same thing, what is a good alternative? I am not particularly cost sensitive, but I won't buy something in the several k range. (the Drop THX AAA 789 is not really...
  5. mewzik

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

In SINAD terms - does this make "reference grade" yet? There are clearly better DACs, a few. There are clearly DACs with much more connectivity, however the D50s does really seem impressive. Not sure where the "line" is (if there is a line!).
  6. mewzik

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

..another vote for Rupert Neve Designs RNHP Precision Headphone Amp https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rupert-Neve-Designs-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B01HBUB3D4 https://rupertneve.com/products/rnhp-headphone-amplifier/ For future - they also have a new DAC and headphone amp (seen @ CanJamLondon 2019). I bet...
Top Bottom