Recent content by metasharp

1. metasharp

SMSL released v 5.58 of their USB DAC driver

5.62 is released and embed @Thesyncon https://www.denafrips.com/download-thesycon Not sure when SMSL XMOS one will be available.
  2. metasharp

Oratory1990 Focal Bathys EQ

it's better on the paper but at the cost of the hassle to use it. i would have hope for a better result
  3. metasharp

Focal Bathys

I asked google bard hoping it would find it in hidden places
  4. metasharp

Focal Bathys

Actually part 1 is not to be skipped :) https://archimago.blogspot.com/2023/08/part-i-comparison-of-bluetooth-fidelity.html
  5. metasharp

Focal Bathys

Well it's always nice to have options. But most likely will never happen because I think Sony asks for a licencing and companies to pay to use it. Aptx-HD would make more sense actually. Also, most LDAC compatible devices cast their LDAC in 330kbps which actually gives a worse sound than SBC and...
  6. metasharp

Focal Bathys

I asked chat gpt for a codecs summary: Bluetooth audio codecs play a critical role in determining the quality of wireless audio transmission. Several Bluetooth codecs are available, each with its own strengths and weaknesses. Below is an in-depth comparison of the most common Bluetooth codecs...
  7. metasharp

Focal Bathys

I asked google bard and it said : The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 supports the following Bluetooth codecs: SBC (Subband Codec) AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) aptX aptX HD aptX Adaptive Samsung Scalable Codec (SSC) SBC is the most basic Bluetooth codec and is supported by all Bluetooth devices. It...
  8. metasharp

Focal Bathys

bitrate is not a 1 to 1 comparison. the compression algo plays also a big role
  9. metasharp

Focal Bathys

Your phone just supports SBC from what I saw online. That might be the issue. Most common Bluetooth audio codecs: Codec Name Bitrate (kbps) Bits per Sample Frequency (kHz) Specificities SBC 192-345 16 44.1 or 48 Basic, widely supported AAC 250-320 16 44.1 or 48 High-quality, iOS preferred...
  10. metasharp

SMSL SU9 Pro

For information the SMSL SU9-Pro output impedance is 200Ω (200 ohms) for Balanced Output (XLR).
  11. metasharp

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

That's unfortunate, especially considering it's supposed to have ESD and DC protection as stated here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-smsl-esd-dc-protection.38973/ I hope your headphones aren't damaged.
  12. metasharp

SMSL SU9 Pro

For information the SMSL SU9-Pro output impedance is 100Ω (100 ohms) for Single Ended. SMSL just sent me the information. Trying to get the info for balanced output.
  13. metasharp

Focal Bathys

AAC vs LDAC it's totally normal since AAC compression gives you more or les a crappy mp3. Sony ANC doesn't give me the underwater effect. Bose does. And regarding the Bathys, are you in 1.54? What settings do you use in the focal app? What is your bluetooth phone?
  14. metasharp

Highest-quality true wireless earphones

XM5 if you believe rtings tests
  15. metasharp

Focal Bathys

I don't really agree. First I'm not sure you'd be able to hear any difference between LDAC and Aptx. I personaly don't hear a difference between DAC usb lossless mode and aptx. So I don't think it would make that much of a difference. Even with the Stealth and my SOTA stack the sound is super...
Top Bottom