Recent content by memphiskat

1. M

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

This would be fantastic! Perfect for setting up a simple 2.1 setup.
  2. M

THIS! With the a matching low pass to the sub out. I know every powered sub sold has a built in adjustable low pass filter, but why try to use the rotary knob on the sub to match the cut off frequency on the high pass filter? That's an unnecessary headache in my experience. Unless that was...
  3. M

YES! In my experience anyone running a 2.1 system would realize the greatest real world sound quality benefit from using matching high/low pass filters over any of the other minor increases in SINAD discussed here. I have never failed to hear audible benefits when I add a high pass filter...
  4. M

Sabaj A30a announced

Are you sure about that bit rate being equal to 24/96? Are these bit rates wrong? Settings Bitrate File size per second 16 bit, 44.1 KHz 1,411.2 Kbps 176.4 KB 16 bit, 48 KHz 1,536 Kbps 192 KB 24 bit, 48KHz 2,304 Kbps 288 KB 24 bit, 96KHz 4,608 Kbps 576 KB
  5. M

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Thank you for the response! This is helpful. The peaking is an issue I was struggling with. I didn't know if there was a standard formula for converting a standard high pass (or low pass) to a low shelf filter. For example I believe Maiky's eq utilized a 50hz high pass filter for the JBL...
  6. M

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Probably not the best place to ask, but what the heck. I use Math Audio Headphone EQ for EQing my JBL 130s. It only has peak and hi and low shelf filters, not a high pass filter option. How would I translate the the high pass filters given in the EQ recommendations here to a how shelf filter...
  7. M

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

Hello, I purchased the M4 to use mostly to transfer my late friends live master cassette recordings (mostly Grateful Dead). I have it setup with my cassette deck's unbalanced outputs going direct into the M4 using TS 1/4inch adaptors on RCA cables. The M4 is connected to my laptop via USB...
  8. M

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Amplifier Measurements and Review - LM4562 (and OPA2134) option

PMA or anyone - Could you list a TPA32xx design that uses a PFFB and so doesn't have this non linearity behavior?
  9. M

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

I looked into that. I called my local hifi shop that I've done business with for a long time and they said they wouldn't recommend repairing it because of the age of the amp and cost. So I looked online and found EBC Electronics that specializes in repairs of units like this. They want a flat...
  10. M

I have this Adcom GFA5300 amp that has a non functioning left channel (just produces noise as soon as a speaker is connected). So I am planning on gutting it and using it as a box for a TPA 3255 amp module and power supply. I figure I can use the rca inputs, speaker posts, AC power cord...
  11. M

Do you, or does anyone, have a link for a wire/harness kit for this amp? I've done some searching and not finding anything. Or maybe a kit for a box like the ones Ghent Audio makes for IcePower boards?
  12. M

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Topping D10. Next will probably be a JDS Labs Atom and a Class D (speaker) amp. And a new A/V receiver if a budget one ever tests well.
  13. M

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

I wonder if this is a Mac only issue since you both are using them. I have been using a very long USB cable, at least 10 feet, that is actually connected to another USB cable (probably another 4 feet) that then goes to the D10 with two different Dell Windows 10 laptops without issue. Both...
  14. M

Is there any way to get iTunes to play through the D10 at the files sample rate? I'm using Windows 10 and have the Topping driver installed. All is well using Foobar, but iTunes will only play at 44.1 through D10. Even when I change the sampling rate to 96 in preferences within iTunes and...
  15. M

I always use my preamps volume control. I tried the slider in Foobar and it makes no change when playing DSD. I also tried in the Topping Control panel under Volume tab and those controls mute audio as soon as you adjust them below 100%. I think this is normal for DSD.
Top Bottom