Recent content by maxidcx

1. M

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

Oh yes, I m using my dac8pro with one of the first Vanity for Oppo 93 :) minidsp dddc-88d is also a good candidate as it provides 4AES output, but it might not be easy to integrate with the source as it has 4AES inputs only... minidsp nanodigi 8B is quite appealing with its optical/coax input...
  2. M

Hi, typically for home theater we see users having a Yamaha DME24N ou DME64N for the treatment and then up to 4 AES connexion to a dac8pro. The difference in SNR and thd is an order of magnitude... :)
  3. M

Hi gvl, can't disclose too much on this, my feedbacks on the forum will focus around xmos because I felt there was a need for more information, but you can trust that every choices made by Pavel are with the goal of getting the very best of the beast :)
  4. M

hi Snafu, when using the dac8pro in Pure AES, the spdif signal is decoded by the receiver, this needs one sample time. then it is serialized and arrives in the xmos, another sample time after. then there is a main loop at the sampling frequency to send back this sample immediately to the I2S...
  5. M

yes gvl, at the moment the clocking scheme for Stereo is same as Dac8pro so behave as explained earlier. for USB data flow, the DPLL is "passthrough" due to same clocks domain between ESS dac and xmos (i2s/dsd).
  6. M

hi sahihe, you could consider finding a MiniDSP miniDigi as a diy TOSLINKs - spdif(coax) interface integrating an ASRC, but its not anymore sold so a second hand product is required, or you can go with minidsp nanoDigi8 B which is still on the catalog at a fair price. it natively convert and...
  7. M

Hi Guys, you are right about the complex treatment of the signal in the different clock domain between the dac8pro, AES inputs, ESS dac and usb host. to try to make it simple (...) : the ESS DAC has its own local clean clock (45/49mhz). This is the best choice for the supported sampling...
  8. M

Hi, @Neddy, FYI, as you have an Oppo you might consider upgrading it with a Vanity board (audiopraise, also in Czech Republic) which provides 4 SPDIF output (with same clock). I have this setup at home feeding an old but serious denon avc-a1sr; this will feed the dac8pro very well, without...
  9. M

When it comes to DNR vs volume control and potential EQ, Pos explanation is clear and important, I would add that in home listening most of us will play with a volume range between -48db (night listening) to 0dbfs (critical listening session with hi dynamic music like classical), this is to be...
Top Bottom