Recent content by maty

1. maty

KEF Q100 Speaker Review

If you dare, open a new thread about it and I will comment on it what I have learned these seven years (June 2013) with them. With pictures, graphs, files... I have many information about Q100 and other KEF coaxials.
  2. maty

KEF Q100 Speaker Review

You know, you can improve a lot the sound of the Q100 without to spend a lot of money. First with soft (Rephase), then inside (walls) and finally the crossover. Step by step.
  3. maty

SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker Review

@edechamps Adding subwoofer it has long been evident that KEF's small coaxial are superior to the rest. Another issue is its better or worse implementation and integration with other drivers in the cabinet, which can be solved via DIY.
  4. maty

To compare It is evident, at least to me, that the cabinet needs internal improvements. The fall must be faster, shorter in time. You know, No Rez, butyl, viscoelastic material... or something equivalent. Good waterfalls...
  5. maty

https://www.audioholics.com/bookshelf-speaker-reviews/svs-ultra-bookshelf-speakers/sound-quality-tests-measurements
  6. maty

GR Research X-LS Encore Kit Speaker Review

X-LS Encore is a very old design, at least for me. Much more interesting its latest design (but more expensive). When you listen to open baffle loudspeakers, you do not forget the experience. Unfortunately they require very large rooms ... except for the NX-Studio. First without sub, after with...
  7. maty

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

PREVIEW: RME ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition AD/DA Converter http://archimago.blogspot.com/2020/08/preview-rme-adi-2-pro-fs-r-black.html
  8. maty

Tannoy Revolution XT 6 Speaker Review

Hummm, I think it is a bad idea more than +/- 3 dB, at least to listen to very good music recording without synthesized instruments and voices without autotune (vade retro). Too much agressive and too much filters. Filter Settings file Room EQ V5.19 Dated: 24-07-2020 18:21:49 Notes:Tannoy...
  9. maty

Build of gr-research X-LS Encore

Shorts. I suppose it will be for the camera. The logical thing is to be better seated. Cables. Some time ago I decided that if I rebuild the KEF Q100 (very good driver in a cheap and highly upgradeable implementation) I would use star-quad cables: Canare 4S11. The same to connect them to the...
  10. maty

Build of gr-research X-LS Encore

YouTube Building the X-LS Encore: Wiring by Danny Richie
  11. maty

I like much more the graph of 5.25" coaxial (KEF Q100), measured by Zvu, but it is other design and sound than NX-Studio.
  12. maty

The OLD design has problems regardless of the shape of the cabinet. GR-Research-X-LS-Encore-horizontal Much more interesting is the NEW desing. GR-Research-NX-studio-horizontal-off-axis-resized Very meritorious considering that the ribbon tweeter (waveguide) is open baffle. Update...
  13. maty

Off topic or not When I used the styroflex I commented on my impressions in a Spanish audio forum that no longer exists. But I left a copy at diyaudio.com
  14. maty

There are tweaks that I doubt are reflected in the usual measurements, as is the case of bypassing the condenser with another of much lower value. I was very skeptical, so the first time I spent the least (NOS styroflex). Years later I decided to spend a little more and we were amazed when we...
Top Bottom