Recent content by Mattknz

1. M

Audyssey Manual Calibration “OCA’s REW + Audyssey Awesomeness”

Yep that's exactly what you use. I send from phone to google drive to get it on to my computer. The whole process will take less than 5 mins.
  2. M

Therapy thread for those looking to upgrade for no logical reason

Just replaced my subs for no real reason and very little change/improvement. Now I too am looking to add an external power amp to my avr and have the exact same thoughts as the op ie. 'I have no issues with how it sounds …I know a change will not be audible and I don’t need more power … '. It's...
  3. M

Well, I'm starting to feel like a little silly. I am stuck again on what appears to be a simple step. I am now trying to follow the 'ART video'. I am using the Multieq Editor app. I have put the 3 position .ady file from the app into the Extract and Convert thing (for the editor app) and it has...
  4. M

Not the usual subwoofer positioning question

I have always tried to have a bit of free space around my subwoofers, I don't really know why it just seems the right thing to do . However, when I see photos of other people's rooms, I notice subs under tables or in corners with furniture next to them or stuck between a sofa and another chair...
  5. M

I am following the video and am at the point of replacing audysseys response data with the 0's from the excel spreadsheet you provided. I have done FL, FR, C, SR, SL with no problems. Now I am trying to do the SW but there is no response data to replace. In the video you state that you have to...
  6. M

I don't have the option of directional bass. What do I do now, just leave the subs response data blank ?
  7. M

I started with the json editor today. When I get to the subwoofer there is no response data. Is there any way to fix that or do I need to do another set of 3 measurements?
  8. M

Is it ok to place the subwoofer on the right side (open side, next to kitchen) of the living room?

I have a sub in a very similar position. It seems to be ok, although it is one of 2 subs so ymmv. As rynosaur says, the only way to know is to try it.
  9. M

Once I have measured and created curves for both subs how do I get that info to audyssey as you can only input eq points for one sub?
  10. M

REW sub measurement- is it ok?

I certainly am asking :D Ok here they are with 50dB scale and with no smoothing
  11. M

REW sub measurement- is it ok?

I'm still in the very early stage of messing with REW. I'm not sure I really know what I'm doing so I'm taking things very slowly and decided a good place to start was with subwoofers. I've managed to create some measurements so let's have a look at them. This is two subs front and rear...
  12. M

Any truth to speakers being better with a more powerful amp?

Ok now I'm thinking maybe there is something to this I have upgraded my subs (from a different dealer) and was able to turn my amp up to 0db which I could never do before as my old subs just couldn't handle it. There was quite a bit of distortion at that level, from the speakers not the subs Is...
  13. M

I'm hoping to try this sometime in the next few days. I'm using a Denon avr with 2 independent sub outs and have a sub plugged into each. How do I do the second sub? In my very limited quick play with REW it seems I can only send a signal via Sub out 1 .
  14. M

Any truth to speakers being better with a more powerful amp?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The Denon specs are accurate for 2 channels according to tests done by Audioholics. Denon AVR-X3300W 7.2 Atmos/DTS:X A/V Receiver Review
Top Bottom