Recent content by mattking52

1. M

Phono Cartridge Response Measurement Script

Happy to help! Hopefully we can add some more functionality as well.
  2. M

MM vs MI vs MC

Beautiful. Let me guess - you'll pull out the XL-55II every so often and gaze longingly at it (and its unbroken factory seals), but never play it, right? :)
  3. M

MM vs MI vs MC

I know subjectivism is frowned upon around here in certain circles (lol), but I have to agree with you. I have an AT7V with a new stylus on it (<50 hours) as well, and I think it definitely rivals my AT150MLX in terms of sonics. I can't decide which I like better, but I do find myself just...
  4. M

MM vs MI vs MC

Yep, that TTDD elastomer used in that range of Technics cartridges is notoriously prone to deterioration (though I'm sure it was truly excellent when new back in the day)... that's actually what has made me gun shy about purchasing these cartridges, even when they come up NOS. At some point, my...
  5. M

MM vs MI vs MC

Got it. So, let's just assume 3.3ft (1m) for the sake of argument (and since it's between 3 and 4 ft :)). Mogami W2528 is 110pF/m, so if this is what you used, 140pF from your meter seems plausible, assuming you had about 3.3ft of cable, plus the RCA connectors, tonearm wiring, and headshell...
  6. M

MM vs MI vs MC

Just out of curiosity, how long is your interconnect between the turntable and your phono stage (and which phono stage is it, btw)? The reason I ask is because there is almost a factor of 2 difference between the capacitance per length on W2528 and W2965, and it might shed some light on the...
Top Bottom