Recent content by matteroll

1. M

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

Thanks for the detailed reply, I knew that not all switch boxes are made equally but never knew why. If for example, I have a speaker switch box that shorts together all the - sides, will that just short the amplifier and damage it? I'm not really knowledgeable on the subject matter.
  2. M

So the manual says to not use a speaker switch due to grounding (i think) but I'd like to share that I've been using a passive one for the past few days without any issue. I'm sure speaker switches are wired differently depending on the brand and type so your mileage may vary.
  3. M

NAD C 399 HybridDigital DAC Amplifier

Slap the MDC2 BluOS-D onto the C399 and it will cost $200 cheaper than the M10. Sounds like a better deal than the M10 if you don't care for the screen. If this came out earlier, I would have just bought this as an all in one amp solution instead of using my current setup of AVR as preamp + NAD...
  4. M

Marantz SR6014 AVR Review

Ah I see. Thanks for the info, since I mainly use it with Audyssey, I might have to consider replacing the Marantz with the Denon or wait to see if the 6016 will be any better. But judging from the performance o f the SR6015, things are not looking very bright...
  5. M

I pretty much have Audyssey active most of the time for frequencies up to 7kHz and mainly using my PC as a source connected to the CD RCA input which I think is an analog input but with Audyssey on, won't the input be digitized and be using the DAC? I'll also be connecting it to a TV soon via...
  6. M

Sorry to necro this thread but will I get any significant sound upgrade if I were to replace this marantz receiver with the Denon X3700H? And how do I turn off the amps as I'm just using the Marantz as a preamp into my NAD C298 right now.
  7. M

Yeah it sounds great, can't deny that. Using variable gain and lowering the gain did help eliminate the hissing that was coming out of my tweeters but I kind of felt like it didn't sound as good as fixed gain even at higher volumes but maybe it was just placebo. Was going to replace the Marantz...
  8. M

Hey guys, long time lurker and reader of ASR here. I just created an account to report that my new C298 that just arrived my doorstep a few hours earlier has hissing coming from my tweeters of my speakers that is only noticeable when I'm really near the speaker and nothing is playing. Such a...
Top Bottom