Recent content by mastachio

1. mastachio

Which speaker would you like to be reviewed? (community interest thread)

Now that Focal has reached out for the Solo6 review is there any chance of seeing a review of the Trio 6 or 11? I’m using the 6 as L&R and the 11 for my center
  2. mastachio

Polk Reserve R200 Open-box vs New

I bought an open box JBL 4309 and it came factory sealed in the original box. I heard that sometimes online dealers will mark it as open box so they can sell it new at a discount. I recommend anyone interested in buying speakers to get it second hand or open box if they can find it
  3. mastachio

Which speakers gave you the *wow* factor?

Focal Trio6 Be! I bought the solo 6 Be after reading @amirm review so I decided to roll the dice on the bigger Trio6’s without listening to them first, turns out they’re my end game speaker. I am completely blown away with them, especially with the midrange. The clarity, separation, and...
  4. mastachio

JBL 4329p 8”active Studio Monitor series

I wonder how they sound compared to the 4309
  5. mastachio

What speakers have you bought based on Amir’s reviews?

I have bought the KRK G4, Focal Solo 6be, and I’m now trying to decide between the JBL 708p and JBL 4309. Happy with all of them and wouldn’t of bought them without his review! Thanks again, Amir!
  6. mastachio

Out for a few more days

Sending prayer and positive vibes your way
  7. mastachio

Wilson Audio TuneTot Review (high-end bookshelf speaker)

I’ve been waiting for a Wilson measurement my whole life lol and it did not disappoint! There are speakers that measure better for $150 and yet Amir still recommended them anyway knowing full well he was going to get a bunch of shit for it and that’s what makes this so awesome!
  8. mastachio

Schiit Vali 2+ Review (Tube Headphone Amp)

I’d love to see a Freya + review before dropping a grand on it
  9. mastachio

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

@amirm I know you bought and reviewed the LX504 I own the LX701. What did you think about MCACC?
  10. mastachio

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Am I the only one blown away by the price/performance of this thing?! It’s a DAC/Headphone Amp and Preamp with XLR outputs! It literally was everything I was looking for and it solved the loud audible hum I was getting from my Crown XLS 1002 x2 running in bridge mode. This thing completely...
  11. mastachio

Revel W990 Review (in-wall speaker)

Thanks for clearing that up for me
  12. mastachio

Revel W990 Review (in-wall speaker)

Ok so if I have a 8ohm or say even a 4ohm amp and the impedance is 3.7 will it just not play sound at that frequency?
Top Bottom