Recent content by masonHsieh

1. M

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

I had the same set up(SMSL M500 + SP200) as yours. My hps are SendyAiva and HD800s, and I just replaced my SMSL combo with matrix mini i pro3 early this May. I think it does provide what I want, so I sell my smsl combo to my friends. For sound quality, I'd still go for SMSL combo, but it only...
  2. M

New SMSL M500

That's a very good review. I have been using m500 for a couple of weeks on my Windows laptop, and I didn't try to test it on my Linux machine(Arch+i3) until I saw your post. I didn't test any MQA files but was having a hard time setting up the sample rate through the Pulseaudio. I manage to set...
  3. M

New SMSL M500

Sadly, M500 doesn't have a touch screen. You can either press the dial to navigate the interface or just use the remote controller. For the output, you can only use either headphone out or line(RCA/Balance) out at a time. And yes, they do have separate volume settings, so you won't get any...
  4. M

New SMSL M500

I just test the RCA output with my Aune X7s and Massdrop O2. At first, I was having the issue just like what you mentioned. After I turn the volume to 40(maximum) on M500, I no longer have the problem.
  5. M

New SMSL M500

Got my m500 today. Pair it with my baby, sendy aiva. It sounds much better compared to my previous sdac+o2 amp. While sendy only got 32ohms impedance, but I have to turn the volume up to around 20(which may be quite loud for some people). The resolution and imaging are much better than the...
  6. M

New SMSL M500

Updated: They start shipping now. Hopefully, we can see the review later this month :)
  7. M

New SMSL M500

I'd like to know about it too. I place my order on 3rd Sep, but the status shows it's waiting for the dispatch. Btw, I bought it from a Chinese website, and they sold it for 2200rmb only.
Top Bottom